Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Views from Sunrise Area

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Views from Sunrise Area
July 11, 2016 10:47PM
Tenaya Creek + Lone Boulder (upper left)

Name That Dome

Lake + Clark

Help Name These Peaks

Combing the Echo?

Name More Peaks

This one is special:

Cathedral Fork:

Galen the Guardian's:

Flipping Off Matthes

More Peaks to Name:

Remember: One S, Two D's:

Starr King and Clouds

Ansel I am not (lake cut off):

Watkins and the Captain:

Wrap up with this one:
avatar Re: Views from Sunrise Area
July 12, 2016 07:17AM

You zoomed in on this one... and just to right of 12,499 (yes, I looked that up) ... is Maclure

Another one of yours:

Your "Cathedral Fork" ... that is "lower" Long Meadow ... with Bug Dome on the left... Sunrise HSC is located on lower right of this meadow...

Something like that

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Views from Sunrise Area
July 12, 2016 08:55AM
Nice collection of peaks. Gotta go to Sunrise area one day. Always thought it was too crowded around HSC.

This one has a distinctive shape of Tresidder, one of my favorite areas in the park.
July 12, 2016 09:25AM
SergiyP
Nice collection of peaks. Gotta go to Sunrise area one day. Always thought it was too crowded around HSC.

This one has a distinctive shape of Tresidder, one of my favorite areas in the park.

Have you been to the saddle, or the base on the summit blocks? Can't remember which side is supposed to be higher. For me, things tend to become "unclimbable" once they are seen up close. Beyond "acceptable risk," quoting Viesturs. tongue sticking out smiley
July 12, 2016 08:35PM
No, I haven't yet. Bit I am pretty sure that some of the forum long timers have. From the distance it looks like getting to the base shouldn't be difficult, however I am with your on things becoming "unclimbable" when you get closer.
avatar Re: Views from Sunrise Area
July 18, 2016 04:52PM
I didn't realize that you could see Half Dome from above Middle Sunrise Lake. I got to look for that spot on that ridge. Thanks for posting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login