Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite Creek Backpack

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 17, 2016 08:11AM
Hi, Does anyone have a suggestion on where to camp along the Yosemite Creek Trail somewhere between the junction to Eagle Peak and the upper Falls? I prefer a large spot near the creek. Is there such a spot with a view?
avatar Re: Yosemite Creek Backpack
September 17, 2016 01:14PM
Coolburn
Hi, Does anyone have a suggestion on where to camp along the Yosemite Creek Trail somewhere between the junction to Eagle Peak and the upper Falls? I prefer a large spot near the creek. Is there such a spot with a view?

The trail in that area is 100' or so above the creek except in one spot just past halfway up to the Eagle Peak junction. I can't say there is a good camping spot there as it could be shrubby and rocky. You would be near the creek but would have no views. There are large flat areas just off the trail but they are away from the creek and also have limited views. Best bet, water up at the creek and hike up to Eagle Peak and camp on the knob just past the junction with the El Cap trail. There will be room and views but obviously not near the creek. I don' think you can get all three things together.

Yosemite Point has views and isn't too far from the creek but I'm not sure whether or not there are camping restrictions in that area.

Judging from the fact you posted today I assume your plan is for sometime later than this weekend. Chick-on will be back home Sunday and can give more detailed info on your plan

Old Dude
September 17, 2016 05:44PM
Yes
We are there now...
tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
September 17, 2016 06:38PM
So elaborate...

Old Dude
September 17, 2016 07:39PM
Actually we reread and it's not
simple to get all 3...
We carried water for our location
near Eagle Creek jct.

Chick-on is looking at you!
September 17, 2016 10:45PM
Thanks for the input, I knew you guys were familiar with the trail. We are going in June, and just need an easy, awesome, short backpack!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login