Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Full

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

4 summer backpacking trips

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

4 summer backpacking trips
September 26, 2016 12:03PM

9600x10200 pixels 6 frame 3 column 2 row 31 image focus stack stitch blend Sony A6000 Sigma 60mm DN

Completed coding the html in my 2016 Trip Chronicles feature for my fourth and final backpacking trip this summer of 2016 on link below . My early warm up trip was in June into Desolation Wilderness where I captured some fine images of Sierra Juniper during a late spring storm. The second 9 day trip was into the Silver Divide to upper Fish Creek in the John Muir Wilderness, a favorite of mine because of the colorful metamorphic geology. The third trip was up Pine creek also in the John Muir Wilderness and has some of the my best work this summer.

This last trip was a 5 day 4 night trip over Bishop Pass into Dusy Basin in Kings Canyon National Park September 8 thru 12. A destination I've visited a few times in the past but not for about a decade.

Although the High Sierra is generally recognized as not having interesting fall leaf color of interest to photographers, that is only because photographers have not paid much attention to what it does have. Dwarf bilberry, vaccinium caespitosum, turns a very nice red to purple hue although it is not easy to work into landscapes like tree species as aspen and cottonwood because it is short turf high. But such can be done as with image of Isosceles Peak above and that was my main target on the Dusy Basin trip.

Select page 15 on the below Contents page link:

http://www.davidsenesac.com/2016_Trip_Chronicles/2016_Trip-Chronicles-0.html

David

http://www.davidsenesac.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2016 03:45PM by DavidSenesac.
avatar Re: 4 summer backpacking trips
September 26, 2016 06:41PM
Thanks.

Dwarf Bilberry makes for some nice shots, this is from the Grouse Lakes area in Tahoe National Forest:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login