Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

TM Backpackers Camp

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TM Backpackers Camp
August 02, 2017 11:34AM
Does the TM BP's camp typically fill by mid-afternoon? I need to secure a spot for our party.

Thanks in advance.
August 02, 2017 01:50PM
I don't think it "fills up", the overflow just doubles-up (triples-up, etc) in each campsite. In 2014 I stayed there and ended up with five other tents in "my" campsite, the whole campground was like that.
Re: TM Backpackers Camp
August 04, 2017 01:24PM
Take earplugs, and camp toward the rear. Trust me on this.
Re: TM Backpackers Camp
August 06, 2017 03:21PM
I've seen it full often by 6 pm on weekends and 7 pm on weekdays that are not Friday. When it's full or near full you will have a tough time sleeping there prior to midnight, so earplugs or another place are highly recommended. I've had to go outside the park on the east side to get a campsite a few times. Usually at least one of the walk-in campgrounds on the road to Saddlebag Lake has space at any hour of the day/night, especially that one that requires you to park and walk in 1/4 mile.

The most exciting night I spent there was over 10 years ago, when rangers came running through the campground at 2 am with flashlights and rifles. About 5 min later, a number of shots rang out, and I found out when they came back through the campground that a problem bear had just been killed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login