Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

camping: yosemite b/p site.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

camping: yosemite b/p site.
July 08, 2018 11:39AM
to whom it may concern: how strict are regs regarding use of b/p site in Yosemite valley. frinstance, IF I turned up on the 24th aug, but my wilderness permit was for the 26th aug, is it probable that I would get rounded up if I used the b/p site for 2 nights instead of the regulation I night ( prior to permit date). that is presuming if all main sites are full (as they currently are). any thoughts would be gratefully received.eye rolling smiley
avatar Re: camping: yosemite b/p site.
July 08, 2018 03:40PM
You would probably get caught; they do check the permits during the summer.
Re: camping: yosemite b/p site.
July 09, 2018 01:26PM
Pines,

This site gets crazy busy in summer so the Rangers do check usually before 9pm so you could take a chance and turn up late.

Most people are not aware that most of the land around 120, Groveland, and Hetch Hetchy is National Forest land so you can camp there as long as you follow the USFS dispersed camping rules including obtaining a campfire permit so you can use a stove, I'm just not sure what conditions are like since the big fire there a few years ago.

Other options are to get there early and try and grab a site at Camp 4 or head to the campground office in the corner of the Curry Village parking lot and get you name down on the wait list. They usually start allocating the no-show campsites after 3pm. Consider the first come first served campgrounds such as Bridal Vale creek, Tamarack Flat, You will improve your chances if you can get there Wednesday or Thursday rather than Friday.

Good Luck
Re: camping: yosemite b/p site.
July 10, 2018 01:52AM
thanks for your input. as I arrive by public transport mid afternoon, c4 is probably chocka by then, so the reservation office is probably my best bet. cheers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login