Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Planning first trip to Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Planning first trip to Yosemite
May 16, 2019 12:21PM
Planning a trip to Yosemite in June and just got our backpacking permit for the Pohono Trail @ Glacier Point to Wawona Tunnel. Is there overnight parking for permitted hikers at Glacier Point?
Re: Planning first trip to Yosemite
May 16, 2019 02:28PM
I've parked there overnight, but that was a few years ago. Assuming it's still permitted - best place to check is the the yosemite web site - get there early to be sure to get a spot. And look for previous posts in this forum about where camping is permitted along the trail and where water is available.
May 16, 2019 08:58PM
Yeah I will look again....thanks for the extra info. Ive seen alot of great stuff on this site thought I would give a shout out. Thanks again!
May 16, 2019 09:15PM
Congrats!
For the parking, you should be able to get the info by calling the Yosemite general line (usually Mariam) or the wilderness info line (not the permit registration line).
Unless you are planning to shuttle with multiple cars, another option might be to take the shuttle bus to GP. I am not sure about when it starts and what's the schedule/cost etc.
May 17, 2019 05:15PM
Looked into the shuttle and its only a tour shuttle and not cheap. Anyway we called today and there is parking and bear boxes. Thanks for the info!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login