Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: North Peak

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 07, 2013 07:59AM
ok... it's a view from North Peak...
in 3d

It's Shepherds Crest

from Oct 26th

Chick-on is looking at you!
November 07, 2013 09:43AM
Wish I had some photos to post from this last weekend, but I got halfway up the Mist Trail and turned on my camera to take a pic... "No memory card"

North Ridge of North Peak

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 09:45AM by AndrewF.
November 07, 2013 01:56PM
AndrewF
Wish I had some photos to post from this last weekend, but I got halfway up the Mist Trail and turned on my camera to take a pic... "No memory card"
Bummer. Where'd u end up?

We ended up poking around Wawona area around Big Trees and some other bits and bobs... marking off some trails that Z Old Dood has left.
Personally I really like Wawona area. But it's not super peek-chur-esq. Wawona campground loops by the river are nice.
There's even a couple of Indian Mortar rocks examples.

V. kewl photos. The lake nearby is also very nice... I'll have to find that photo..

November 07, 2013 02:26PM
I've never been to Wawona... or the south entrance for that matter...

Went up to Merced Lake. I was originally gonna take Monday off and go over Red Peak Pass, but I was lazy on Saturday and only made it about 8-10 miles in. I camped by the Bunnell footbridge. I tried to make up some distance on Sunday morning but only got to Merced Lake at 11AM with another 18 miles and 4000 ft to get to Ottoway... then it would have been 26 miles the next day back via Illilouette. Ended up just turning around and hiking out on Sunday.

I must have been in some weird time warp for driving... 2:45 to the TH on Saturday morning and 3:15 back on Sunday. Normally it's like 4 and a half hours for me. I wasn't even driving that fast.
November 07, 2013 03:27PM
Whoa. 2:45! You musta been going about 90 the whole way. From SJ it's just about spot on 3 hrs to BOF entrance.

I never speed in the park. Rangers were out on the prowl at Crane Flat 25 Zone this weekend.

November 07, 2013 06:40PM
Honestly have no idea how I got there that fast but I pulled out of my driveway at 5:38 and was showing my Parks Pass a little after 9:00. Wait, I just realized I can't do math... 3 hours 45 minutes to the TH... not 2 hours 45 min. Nevermind...
November 08, 2013 07:12AM
chick-on
V. kewl photos. The lake nearby is also very nice... I'll have to find that photo..

Found it:

Good fun nearby too:

And view from Shepherds:

These 3 are from July of 2012.

November 07, 2013 09:51AM
Meadow below Shepherd Crest - Oct 2012

November 07, 2013 11:06AM
I expected more snow. This is not helping me in my debate as to whether or not to lug my 6lbs of snowshoes over thanksgiving.
November 07, 2013 11:24AM
Maybe this will help:

Monday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Windy, with a south southwest wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.

Tuesday
A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Tuesday Night
A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the evening.

Wednesday
A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph.
November 07, 2013 11:51AM
Depends where u going... and wutt happens tween now and den.
Gone many many many times in Nov and into Dec. and no show shoes reqd.
If it's decent over the 16th timeframe... will have conditions pix up yonder TM area.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login