All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 11, 2013 07:48AM

Tanks 2 da peeps who posted recently

Chick-on is looking at you!
December 11, 2013 11:35AM
Beautiful! You've become a whiz at creating these 3D photos. Keep posting them!
December 11, 2013 02:51PM
Cool. Another one of my favorite domes.
Re: Pywiack in 3D
December 12, 2013 12:58AM
From Tioga Rd, I've looked for paths to the top. Following the trees, you can get pretty close. Then it clearly becomes technical. Looks to be quite difficult (vertical) to climb to the summit area. Seems similar to Broderick. Has anyone ever tried?
December 12, 2013 11:10PM
I've been on top of Pywiack. Climbed it via the route "Zee Tree" which is 5.6 or 5.7, it climbs the broad slabby right side of the face visible from the road (past "zee" lone tree, more of a bush, on the face.) it's super nice on top - like a miniature Zen garden with a bunch of rounded boulders, small patches of grass and flowers, and sculpted whitebarks. Getting off the top requires an overhanging rappel to the northeast followed by some class 4 scrambling - I don't think there's a nontechnical way to get to the top.

Haven't been in the Park since early November - I promise I'll post a TR next trip (probably over Xmas.)
December 13, 2013 07:49AM
Was hoping that one year... there would be enough snow that could
just trapse right on up ... not sure that's gonna happen anytime soon.
O well...
Daff, Starr King, Pywiack. Those 3. Not a walk in the park.

December 13, 2013 08:13AM
The route up Pywiack is one of the easier technical climbs in Tuolumne... The 5.7 is just a short section of steep-ish glacier polish. Pretty sure you could get up it with a belay. I'd be happy to climb it with you if we ever end up in Tuolumne together. I've climbed it like four times now, it's a fun half day outing.
December 13, 2013 03:43PM
Thanks.

Did this of Daff on same trip few weeks ago from Flanks of Lamb:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login