Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: Bearpaw Meadow

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Bearpaw Meadow
January 03, 2014 06:51AM
Made it up to Bearpaw via the High Sierra Trail just before new years. The trail was basically snow free. There was some deeper snow on the north side of the hill after crossing the bridge over the gorge, but I bet it all went away once you round the corner towards Hamilton Lakes, I wouldn't know as I turned around there.

All the big creeks had plenty of running water, and the bigger drainages usually had water too. It felt like summer on some of the exposed sections sections of the trail coming out on New Years Eve.

a confidence inspiring sight.

January 03, 2014 01:34PM
Nice. But no brownies this time of year. winking smiley
January 03, 2014 01:58PM
I had to google it to figure out what you were talking about. If they sell stuff to non-guests I'm going to be a nightmare for them next year. Is there a brownie quota?
January 03, 2014 04:39PM
It really depends on how well stocked they are. Sometimes non-guests can get brownies; sometimes they can't.
January 04, 2014 09:55AM
Mmmmmm calorie bomb. This got me all the way from Bearpaw to Precipice before I needed another snack.

January 05, 2014 10:55AM
eeek
Nice. But no brownies this time of year. winking smiley

Brownies? My memory of the Bearpaw Meadow HSC was the $4/glass wine they sold... with a very liberal and permissive definition of the BYO "glass".

Another Bearpaw memory: a wonderful sunset many years ago...

(Yes, medium format and Velvia... it was many years ago...)
January 05, 2014 01:21PM
Gorgeous (for basilbop)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 01:21PM by steelcup.
January 05, 2014 08:35AM
Kewl. Thought crossed my mind to try to get to Hamilton.
Alas... the wifie got me sick so was stuck at home for a number of days
b/t xmass and new years. O well... can't complain... got a quick one
in to around Chilnualna Falls... 2 down for 2014... 98 to go. wink

Enjoys

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 05, 2014 01:20PM
My plan was to get to Hamilton too, but the first day was a wash in brutal traffic on the way up and I ended up staying at the campground since I wasn't sure what the trail would be like in the dark.

Maybe I'll try again if this weather sticks around. I don't know how big of a fan I'd be over going through a couple of the spots between Bearpaw and the bridge if there was snow. Maybe it's not a big deal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login