Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: White Wolf trailhead parking

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

White Wolf trailhead parking
February 16, 2014 05:54PM
It looks like we're going to do White Wolf to Tuolumne or May Lake in July and I'm wondering about parking. We'll be arriving on a Saturday and will start the hike on Sunday. Ideally we'd like a camping spot in White Wolf, but I'm sure the odds of scoring one on a Saturday in the middle of summer are pretty rare.

We'll probably end up at the backpackers campground in Tuolumne on Saturday night. I don't want to wait until the afternoon to catch the backpackers bus out of Tuolumne to White Wolf, so I'd like to drive to the trailhead and get an early start. Whether we get a camping spot at White Wolf or drive there in the morning, is there parking available nearby to leave the car while we're out on the hike?

Thanks
avatar Re: White Wolf trailhead parking
February 16, 2014 06:10PM
DB1
is there parking available nearby to leave the car while we're out on the hike?

There is parking at White Wolf. But it can get a bit tight.
February 16, 2014 07:00PM
If memory serves there is trailhead parking.

Old Dude
February 17, 2014 06:42PM
If finding a spot at White Wolf doesnt work out, can anyone offer alternative parking that is close?

Is there parking at the Lukens Lake trailhead on Tioga Rd or at Yosemite Creek campground?

Thanks
February 17, 2014 07:03PM
Technically you can't park at the Lukins Lake trailhead and hike that trail to White Wolf. If you did park there technically you would have to hike the road to get to the White Wolf trailhead. If you get a permit for the Lukens Lake trailhead you can't use it to get to White Wolf. The Lukens Lake permits require a right turn toward Ten Lakes just past Lukens Lake.

I wouldn't worry about the parking. Worry about getting a permit.

Old Dude
February 17, 2014 07:35PM
Lemme help you out:

a) There's trailhead parking. I wouldn't worry about finding a spot to park your car.
b) (you're gonna love this) Um... there's a backpacker's campground AT White Wolf

w/r to a & b... if you can't find a spot... then talk to the campground host... they will more
than likely help you out. I've parked my car at the bp-er campground for a number of
days on a journey many years ago... after getting the "park it there" from the host.

Chick-on is looking at you!
February 17, 2014 08:30PM
Thanks for the tips. I didn't realize there was a backpackers campground there too.

I'll be back in a few weeks looking for ideas on side trips.
February 18, 2014 12:17PM
The backpacker parking is six spaces across from the front porch of the lodge restaurant. There is no parking at the backpacker campground. The YARTS stops right in front of the restaurant.
February 18, 2014 01:40PM
There's no parking at any of the bp-er campgrounds...

Chick-on is looking at you!
February 18, 2014 07:13PM
Thanks for the help. It took a while to get through to them, but I was able to reserve the wilderness permit today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login