Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Anti Trail Report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Anti Trail Report
April 24, 2014 10:18PM
We decided to get out of the pollution of LA for the night. So we loaded up the car, threw the kid and the dog in the back and the bikes on the rack and headed up to Yosemite Valley. Since we had the new rescued dog and only a few hours of daylight, hiking was pretty much out of the question. We have only been to the valley as a way to get back in from the back country so we were excited to spend a few hours seeing what it is all about. We found only one available campsite, and knowing it was going to be packed we prepared for LA style crowds. It turns out that it was fairly quiet and peaceful. We ended up riding our bikes around in the rain but our favorite thing was to sit in our camp and admire the view. Half dome was right in front of us and the Merced was only a couple of feet from us. There were beautiful clouds, mist and the most vibrant colors. It was a great way to spend 23 hours in the valley. What an amazing place!

April 25, 2014 08:00AM
Thanks for the photos. You don't have to do the gnarly stuff to have a great weekend in the valley!
April 25, 2014 08:05AM
Thanks for those stunning photos. How fun. Haven't been to the valley in some time and your pics brought me back. Looks like you had a great trip. Thats a good looking husky there.
April 25, 2014 09:05AM
Love the photos! Thanks for posting!
April 25, 2014 09:50AM
Great black/white photos.

Anybody named atomicmonkey can't be all bad.
April 25, 2014 10:10AM
Awesome! I enjoy backpacking, but I still really like spending time in the valley as a "tourist" too. Camping or tent cabins, cooking or eating whatever is available for sale. It's a great way to spend a day or two, riding bikes and seeing the sights, especially (for me) in the fall early in the morning. It's almost like you can have the place to yourself.

Thanks for the photos and report!
April 25, 2014 02:42PM
Sounds like you had a great time. Sometimes you just have to sit back and take in the sights and smells and just enjoy Yosemite without a lot of hiking around. Love the dog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login