All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 10, 2014 04:38AM
Are there conditions to being allowed to kayak in Tenaya Lake? For instance, in the Valley the sum of air and water temperature must be at least 100 degrees. Does that apply to Tenaya Lk as well?
avatar Re: Kayaking in Tenaya Lk
June 10, 2014 06:55AM
Pretty sure you can go there in the winter if you like. It might be tough paddling though.
tongue sticking out smiley

(I've never heard or seen any restrictions... ) (there aren't toooo many actually in the park)
But... you probably want to have a PFD with you in case some LE personage comes looking.
I don't think that it's required by law for older peeps... but I could be wrong... and I don't really
want to know b/c I'm certain my flippers don't count in Ye Old Trail Boat in the backcountry.

Have fun

Chick-on is looking at you!
June 10, 2014 07:27AM
Great! Thanks chick-on. Yes, I would want to have a PFD in the lake even if not required.
Re: Kayaking in Tenaya Lk
June 10, 2014 07:43AM
I've seen rowboats and kayaks there before. As long as it doesn't have a motor it's apparently ok.
June 10, 2014 09:52AM
AlmostThere
I've seen rowboats and kayaks there before. As long as it doesn't have a motor it's apparently ok.

Indeed:

June 10, 2014 08:44AM
Thanks AT. Yes it is permitted, just wasnt sure whether there were conditions, as there are in YV.
June 11, 2014 07:40PM
June 11, 2014 09:26PM
My son and I kayak on Tenaya. A fun thing that he likes to do is to stand or sit on one of tree stump that stick out water about a foot or so that are way out in on the lake. He then with a long rope lets his kayak drift away. He gets a kick out of giving the crowds on Tioga Road something extra to think about.
June 15, 2014 05:52PM
Make sure you hit the stream a mile or so past the outlet.

June 17, 2014 10:37AM
Nice video but could have used the real audio instead of whatever.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login