Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Re: Ten Lakes

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Ten Lakes
June 16, 2014 12:26PM
This past weekend we hiked up to Ten Lakes for a very short two nights. The flowers were out in different stages of bloom depending on elevation. There were a few very small patches of snow high up and mosquitoes were fierce in the boggy areas around the lakes, but not as bad as I have seen it and it was easy to find areas free from them. The temps were warm, 60/35. There were several groups of campers all camping next to each other at the first lake. All the other pre existing camp spots dispersed around the basin were empty and very quiet. We explored around 5 of the lakes and realized that we need to head back soon as there are a few more that we need to get to, what an amazing place.

June 16, 2014 10:01PM
Great shots! I hope to get into the basin some time this summer. Which is the favorite of the five visited lakes?
June 17, 2014 08:01AM
I enjoy camping at the farthest west lake and hiking around the two lakes to the south, tethered together by their outlet streams. The main, large lake is crowded with people but the north section and outlet stream is very pretty. There are established camps (fire rings) around all the lakes that I went to. Most hikers stop at the first lake, right next to the trail. My suggestion would be to search around for better places to camp.
June 17, 2014 08:59AM
Thanks for sharing. Really like the B&W shots. Did you go over Ten Lakes Pass? I love the view from there.
June 17, 2014 06:02PM
Atomic, you made my day. What gorgeous photos. Thank you so much for sharing. The black and white pics are amazing!
June 19, 2014 02:08PM
Awesome. So many places I haven't seen that I need to!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login