Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report from May 16 Half Dome

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Trip report from May 16 Half Dome
June 17, 2014 11:17AM
Here is a trip report from our trip last month, including Half Dome. It's a bit after the fact, but given the loads of info I gleaned from this site, I thought I'd hopefully educate/entertain a future hiker and keep the cycle going... Enjoy!

http://14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=14977&cpgm=tripmain&ski=Include

We had planned on heading up with the cables down on May 14th (harness & prusik ready), but were pleasantly surprised when we picked up our wilderness permit and found out the Rangers would be putting the cables up! We changed plans for the 15th with an alpine start from LYV - I believe we were the 4th and 5th people up for the season (with the cables up).
avatar Re: Trip report from May 16 Half Dome
June 19, 2014 12:49AM
Thank you for posting a link to your trip report of Mount Hood and Half Dome.

Loved viewing the photos you took from Mt. Hood and Half Dome, but you hit the jackpot with the your sunrise shot of Yosemite Valley from Valley View. The starburst sun rising dead center above the valley between El Capitan and the Cathedral Rocks with many trees backlight is magnificent! One of the best photos I've seen this year taken from Valley View! Very well done!
Re: Trip report from May 16 Half Dome
June 20, 2014 05:55AM
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. The photo you see is an HDR combo of an under exposed and overexposed shot. I took it with our big camera (a Sony Nex6) and did the HDR conversion on my iphone, but at some point I'll do a better version on the actual computer. Regardless, it is an awesome capture of a magical morning for my wife and I. Thanks again for the advice/thoughts from this forum that helped make the trip happen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login