All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TM Dayhikes, Gaylor Lakes, Elizabeth L, Indian Rock
June 29, 2014 03:53PM
We camped at TM for three nights June 16-19 (report better late than never) and had a great time. These three dayhikes are some we had never done. First, on June 17, we took the free shuttle to Tioga Pass for the hike to Gaylor Lakes and hiked back to TM.

This is Upper Gaylor Lake.

Granite Lake. The water conditions seemed like mid-summer flow rates and the meadows were dry and firm. We hiked to the lower lake to find the trail out and back to Tuolumne Lodge for a beer.

The next day we went up to Eliz. Lake and to the VC followed with a hike through TM and back to camp.

We checked out early the last day to get in a short hike to Indian Rock Arch. We had backpacked to North Dome once but didn't take the side trip to Indian Rock. It is more impressive than I had imagined.

So, after lunch back at the TH, we were off to the central valley to meet friends by Happy Hour. It was a fun few days in the park.
Re: TM Dayhikes, Gaylor Lakes, Elizabeth L, Indian Rock
June 29, 2014 06:27PM
Never been to Granite lake, but I bet
it is full of hard water.
Re: TM Dayhikes, Gaylor Lakes, Elizabeth L, Indian Rock
July 01, 2014 06:59AM
Thanks for the great photos. I hope to get up there soon.
avatar Re: TM Dayhikes, Gaylor Lakes, Elizabeth L, Indian Rock
July 01, 2014 09:53AM
Nice! I need to get up there soon. It's been nearly a year since I've been to Yosemite, I'm just living through photos like yours for now.
avatar Re: TM Dayhikes, Gaylor Lakes, Elizabeth L, Indian Rock
July 02, 2014 08:00AM
Nice shot of the rear of Indian Arch. So few people look at the back side.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login