All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 06, 2014 08:40AM
And, of course, my beloved Yosemite at Twin Lakes and Bond Pass.

Nice 6 day trip with the wife from Gianelli TH across The Emigrant to Bond Pass
and back. Ended up doing 3 loops with a bunch of xcountry and took the
wife to a number of places had been to with Z Old Dood or solo or other friends
a few times before. She loved the East Fork Cherry west of Huckleberry
and the North Fork including Lord Meadow ... Lord Meadow area is quite
stunning... and I'm reminded of that every time I go thru there.
I warned her about the abundant horse traffic and cow chances in The Emigrant
and when on trail it didn't disappoint. Somewhat amusing to us on
the way out was a riderless horse running down the trail towards us...
I pretty much screamed for her to get out of the trail!!!
A few minutes later a guy comes running down after it.. "stop that horse".
Uh... yeah, right... I'm going to stand in front of an animal that is
9 zillion times my weight.
Beyond Lake valley we saw very few people. Very enjoyable trip.
Wife ripped her knee along the NF Cherry before Cow Meadow Pie Lake
and she was still easily able to climb out of WF Cherry up to Leopold
xcountry.

A few photos:

Twin Lakes Yosmite:

Wife atop Bigelow Peak:

East Fork Cherry off trail:

North Fork Cherry:

Heading up to Leopold:

More here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/yosemite.chick.on/LongTwinBond

Have fun.. and if you know where #74,#75, or #77 are... I'd like to know... (and #68 for that matter!) lemme know please

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Undeniable Emigrant
July 06, 2014 10:12AM
I'm going to try to get out my habit of being a serial lurker and actually participate in this forum. To that end:

Great pics. That's in my backyard and I haven't been to most of those places.
-------
There. I did it.
July 06, 2014 06:49PM
Sitting on my deck in Wisconsin, living vicariously through these trip reports!

Stunningly beautiful pics. Thanks!!
July 06, 2014 09:33PM
Nice trip and great pictures. My only problem with long trips where you cover big distances is that I would want to stop and explore each place for hours. I could easy spend 6 days on just 20miles of the NF Cherry let alone all of the rest of those places and lakes you guys zipped by. But thats just me I love to explore and explore learning everything I can about each place I go.
July 07, 2014 06:51AM
randomsteve95370
Nice trip and great pictures. My only problem with long trips where you cover big distances is that I would want to stop and explore each place for hours. I could easy spend 6 days on just 20miles of the NF Cherry let alone all of the rest of those places and lakes you guys zipped by. But thats just me I love to explore and explore learning everything I can about each place I go.
We only did 5 miles of the NF Cherry when coming back up from Lord Meadow. So it's not a great distance. You
may have noticed that was with there with Bearpoof a month earlier.... so that is pretty much how I do things.
When peeps ask where to go.. I usually say "have you done the trail? ... do the trail first... then explore from there
after you get your feet wet and see what is out there".... I take a lot of photos... and what I showed was a good
subset... which was 5 total of being on-trail... and the rest were all off the beaten path.
Go in spring, summer, fall, and if you got da dingleballz... go in winter too. It's all different... it looks different..
it feels different... and even when you've seen it 20 times... you have never "seen it all" ...
Case in pt.... been in Lord Meadow many many times... and again this time... I said to wife...
"I just keep forgetting how nice this area really is" ...
Total mileage was only 75 miles including hiking around after getting to campspot. Wife can't and
doesn't want to go the crazy number and amount of times I do... so if she agrees to 6 days...
Personally I have a really hard time just lounging around. On day 2 ... we got to Twin Lakes about 2pm...
and I took a nap... told wife was gonna just hang... and that lasted 2 hours before off I went hiking up
600 ft. in search of markers.
Go explore... get off the trail... that is where the good stuff is. Try to see it all... even if it's hard to do.
It's a big reason why I had goal of touching every named lake in Yosemite... which has now been turned
into.. now I gotta touch every WL lake in the park.
Bunch more stuff want to do in Emigrant too... and always end up with more ideas after exploring.

Anywho... Have fun exploring

July 06, 2014 10:03PM
#68 is just up above Inferno Lake
July 07, 2014 06:56AM
Bearproof
#68 is just up above Inferno Lake

Yeah, unfortunately the clown I was with must have walked right over it when was there.

Had plans to hike boundry to there just to find it... but since wifie never even been
in that area before decided to take it easy on her and only go to Lower Twin and
then zip down to Huck.

July 08, 2014 05:05PM
chick-on
More here: https://picasaweb.google.com/yosemite.chick.on/LongTwinBond

Hmm, I wonder what hatched out of #25...
July 09, 2014 06:51AM
Royalist

Hmm, I wonder what hatched out of #25...

Now you know the answer to the commonly sought after question....

Obliviously the egg came first. tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login