All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 22, 2014 07:38AM
Came down like chick-ons and cows.

Waterfalls appeared in seconds. Pretty cool. Should have taken some video with the thunder boomers.
O well. Good fun. Glad had umbrella since left rain jacket and pants in car.
Some Old Dood said it wasn't gonna rain. Or maybe I did.
tongue sticking out smiley

Definitely saw some snow at the higher elevations. Unless I'm blind.

Chick-on is looking at you!
July 22, 2014 07:58AM
Took Mono Meadow trail in ... sort of... tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
July 22, 2014 08:34AM
Cool. Sometimes I like a brief shower or some rain just to change it up a little. Plus the clouds are always interesting.
Re: Yosemite Diluge 2014
July 22, 2014 09:51AM
Lots of waterfalls. Looks cool. And we need the rain
July 22, 2014 10:28AM
This last 3 weeks of Mexican monsoon and thunderstorm weather from lows sitting off the coast has done wonders in the high country to offset what was looking setting up to be a horribly dry second half of summer. So our later backpacking season is not looking as bleak. As usual with these type of summer storm patterns, not all areas have gotten dosed depending on where the towering clouds go. On the eastside, Rock Creek for one was consistently hammered last week that has been enough to have a significant affect on the peak of wildflowers in Little Lakes Valley now occurring. Also as I drove back west on SR120 last Sunday, noticed there had been nice rains down to about the 7k level. Same thing happened in the summer of 1977 the second year of the 76/77 drought. 77/78 winter was an El Nino too.

http://www.davidsenesac.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2014 10:28AM by DavidSenesac.
July 23, 2014 05:44PM
Really nice in Mokelumne Wilderness the last couple days waterwise. Plenty of places to get water. Rains really helped what I thought could be a very dry trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 05:45PM by KC.
July 24, 2014 03:17PM
We were at Echo Lake---saw lightning, heard thunder, but never felt a drop.

The next day Tuolumne Meadows looked as if it had just been through the carwash--sparkling clean!

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
July 24, 2014 08:52PM
Last Wednesday we could here it the whole time we were at Matthes. At lower Cathedral on the way back it started raining pretty good. The lightning was right above us as we hiked down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 08:53PM by cantwait2getback.
August 06, 2014 09:54AM
I almost kicked Basilbop a few times on our JMT trip for saying silly things like "I don't think it'll rain" or "not that hard" or whatever. It's gotten to the point if he says he's leaving the pack covers and jacket in the car, I say I want mine. He can do whatever. I was not raised to be superstitious, but I've grown into it. Don't *even* say it! no, stop, enough!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login