Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (91% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Almost Yosemite and Deadhorse

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Almost Yosemite and Deadhorse
July 23, 2014 01:49PM
I was in 20 Lakes Basin on Sunday. Thought about going up to Secret Pass, but thunder up that way didn't make it too inviting. It stayed fairly clear above the basin, with thunder storms to the North, South and West. Thunder storms started pushing away from Secret Pass, but then North Peak disappeared and more clouds came in. It stayed clearer to the east, so I headed to upper Lundy Canyon. I wanted to check this out since looking up at a large water fall from below in Lundy Canyon about 10 years ago. Finally got a chance to get over there. The upper and lower falls had a decent amount of water. The recent rain probably increased the flow.

20 Lakes Basin

Upper Lundy Canyon

Went up the Minaret Lake trail and over to Deadhorse Lake on Monday. I've been to Ediza, Iceberg, Cecile and Minaret Lakes before, but didn't know about Deadhorse until reading about it in Sierra Trails magazine:
http://www.doylewdonehoo.com/sierratrails/minaret/cover1v8.htm

It looked like thunder storms building all afternoon, but never heard any thunder. Just had cool clouds passing through all day. There are beautiful meadows below Deadhorse, and more of the Minarets. Reminds me of the meadow approaching Iceberg Lake.

Re: Almost Yosemite and Deadhorse
July 24, 2014 06:09PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login