Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Big Pine lakes and (false) Sky Haven Peak

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Big Pine lakes and (false) Sky Haven Peak
September 03, 2014 07:28PM
Boy I wish I would have started doing TR's a lot earlier, still want to post old trips. Anyhow, as per usual I couldn't wait to get back, so were on the road at 2 am from sea level. We were on the trail at around 8ish Saturday morning with plenty of cloud coverage, thank goodness. Nice steady incline the whole way up, but I didnt really notice it until the way out. Spent two nights at these beautiful lakes, full of glacier runoff. Well, you know what comes next.

Lake 1

So blue

Lake 2

Lake 3

Z temple and lake 3

I could have made a album on temple crag alone
Saturday night

Sunday morn

Lake 5 I believe

Lake 6

Cloudripper to the left, Sky haven to the right. I was NOT feeling it this day. I have no idea why. Maybe the view at that nasty talus slope, which by the way was bad. I tried to avoid the talus and go class 3 wherever possible

Cloudripper and Vagabond

Thunder and Lightning lake

Black and Summit lake

Dont worry, I put the rock back exactly where its been sitting for a very long time

As I said I was not feeling it today, so here I am at false sky haven, or that one peak next to it.

Vagabond and Thunder Lighting lake

nasty nasty nasty

Skinny dippin in lake 7. I have SFW pics to prove if you want to see

Cool view

Hung out here for a half hour. Largest glacier in Sierra nevada, and probably most of USA minus Alaska and Colorado, etc. Someone said we lost 33% of it last year alone...

Lake 4 on the way out

Lake 3

I love the 3 tree shadows you can see on the left

Monday am

avatar Re: Big Pine lakes and (false) Sky Haven Peak
September 03, 2014 08:36PM
I love the color of the glacial flour-filled lake water. I wonder how long it will take before that, like the glaciers, are gone from the Sierra.
September 04, 2014 08:17AM
Bearproof
I love the color of the glacial flour-filled lake water. I wonder how long it will take before that, like the glaciers, are gone from the Sierra.

Agreed! Those colors are amazing. Thanks for posting a report.
September 04, 2014 06:29AM
Re: Big Pine lakes and (false) Sky Haven Peak
September 04, 2014 08:37AM
Nice shots! Also, I'd happily read old TRs...
September 04, 2014 10:08AM
Cool. I've been thinking about going to Sky Haven from Bishop one of these days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login