All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Highway 4 and 108 fall colors?
October 03, 2014 10:16PM
Hi!

Heading for a short one night trip to the Sierras next week. Driving from bay area. Will spend night in Arnold or Sonora or ?
Have driven 108 a few times but never done any real hiking on it. Explored PCT for a short distance around Sonora pass last year.
Never been on 4.

Looking for day hike suggestions. Preferences: sub-alpine lakes, granite, fall colors . Ranger station folks said I need to be in the pass area, ebbets or Sonora, to see colors
But no trail suggestions.

Thanks!
Re: Highway 4 and 108 fall colors?
October 04, 2014 07:18AM
Depends on how big a hike u wanna do. Saddle between Bull Run and Henry Peak is a nice and short 6 mile round tripper from Pacific Valley, highway 4. Just a ton of stuff out there. If you can, the 4-108 loop drive is worth doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 07:19AM by KC.
October 04, 2014 09:08AM
Thanks. I'll check it out. 6 miles sounds good. We'll have time for a half day hike on Thursday and a near full day hike on Friday, before we head back (around 4 pm).

Have you hiked Leavitt Peak? That's one I'm thinking of for Friday. I just realized it's hunting season. Wondering if hunters like that area...
October 05, 2014 09:07PM
You'll see some hunters for sure. Just did Sierra Buttes and saw some hunters on the way down. If u are on 4, it's also worth checking out Highland Lakes. Tryon Peak is close to the lakes and definitely worth climbing. 108 is great too but sadly I have yet to get to Leavitt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login