All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Happy Birthday Old Dood

May you have many more good times out in da backcountry...

From the Chick-on Archives... Nelson/Matthes/Echo/Cathedral/Budd Loopy Report (ok just pictures)

You can doooooz it old guy... coming up from Elizabeth Lake

We camped near Nelson... too many peeps down der... so we say up high:

I told ewe it was all flat ... piece o cake big guy:

I'm clapping too:

y go around... when u can go up n ova?

lemme caption this one for you...
"Billy, where the heck you taking me now?"

Good times

Hope you have many more Old Dood!
Your buddie,
Chick-on is looking at you!

Happy Birthday!!!!!

I can't tell you what an utter joy it has been to get to know you and hike with you! I have truly enjoyed our time together and look forward to many more adventures!

You just keep me laughing and on my toes!

Huge hugs!

JKW
Have a Happy B day Old Dood. May you have many many more years of hiking.
So what you are saying is Old Dood is even Older Dood?
eeek
So what you are saying is Old Dood is even Older Dood?
Eggs Act Lee

Also...Chick-on, great loop choice! Definitely a favorite area!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2015 10:12AM by JustKeepWalking.
Happy Birthday to my favorite Sherpa

That's him at the bottom, getting ready to haul a bunch of our gear up out of Tenaya Canyon while we went down.

A toast to you!
Happy Birthday, and many more! Always cool to see stuff from the archives.

Keep on trekking!
Hey Mike, Happy Bday! Have a great one. Cake and Candle

Happy Birthday, OD! I really enjoyed the few but memorable hikes we did together--and I certainly look forward to many more!

Some recent OD highlights:

Daleing around on the way to Glen Aulin (Pothole Dome "shortcut" )

Windy on ridge: check. Sleet and snow at night: check. Rain fly still in car: check.

"What's taking you guys so long? I've been packed since those young co-eds wandered into camp at 5:00am!"

"Ummm, where are we going to get water? I'm almost out! All the creeks are dry and there's a zero percent chance of precipitation..."

"See, the fish mean that this stream never dries out because the creek flows under the rocks year round..."

Zero percent, check. Rain gear still in car, check.

I regret that I don't have any OD pictures for this trip that don't contain incriminating evidence, but when JKW and I meet up with OD and the pink one they were going on and on about their low-impact campsite...

"Are you guys at the Fallen Goliath yet? Oh, and Buena Vista Creek is no bueno, do not get water there! Are you at the Fallen Goliath yet? Be sure to get water before Buena Vista Creek!"

Good times, all of them! Looking forward to many more trips with you! Happy trails and keep on hiking!
Blop,

One from Young Lakes Trip:

If ur wunder wutt ewe get z old guy fur bird-day... dis a good idear:

Aldough he may perfer dis:

tongue sticking out smiley

Happy birthday! ... Hiding rocks inside packs is just wrong!
Torero14
Happy birthday! ... Hiding rocks inside packs is just wrong!

Look how happy he is! Don't think of it as a rock... think of it as a Ballast.
It keeps him grounded.

I'm not so sure he noticed the extra 15 lbs though... but don't worry... he didn't carry it toooooo far.
Grinning Devil

It's all in good fun.

I could say I wouldn't do anything to hurt him... but he probably will call fowl.
"Billy.... you hurt me again"

That rock was discovered at the end of the hike, not prior. I have since gotten even with the birdman in ways that he doesn't even suspect.

Old Dude
mrcondron
I have since gotten even with the birdman in ways that he doesn't even suspect.

Rock sewn into the chick-on?

Happy birthday smiling smiley
mrcondron

That rock was discovered at the end of the hike, not prior. I have since gotten even with the birdman in ways that he doesn't even suspect.

Hmmm... So maybe it wasn't a bear after all that stole his gear when he went on his solo trek through the Muir Gorge. wink

http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,59839,59839

Don't be fooled by the old guy... he hiked AT MOST Too Tents of a mile with the present...

Happy Birthday and many happy miles in the future!
Here is the quintessential Olde Doode Picture: cool, calm & dapper as he crosses the Piranha filled Amazon.

Happy Bee Day OD!!

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
Yah. Um. Not me. More power to OD! Bowing to his greatness
Thank you Chick-on and everybody else too!!

Old Dude
Happy Birthday to you Mr. Old Dood, best wishes also that you'll still be out hiking with your poultry-pal at age 100 (and beyond)...
Thanks again to everybody that wished me well. Today is day one of the next year. Going to the park with my daughter and two grandkids for the kids first trip to the park. Staying in a tent cabin and hope to hook up with Chick-on Tues Afternoon.

Thanks again

Old Dude
Have a great trip and I am sure your grand kids will love it.
mrcondron
Thanks again to everybody that wished me well. Today is day one of the next year. Going to the park with my daughter and two grandkids for the kids first trip to the park. Staying in a tent cabin and hope to hook up with Chick-on Tues Afternoon.
Thanks again
Sorry old guy... we hiked out 12 miles and pretty much just wanted to get a going for Yea Old Chick-on Ranch
when we got back to Happy Isles...
But never fear... I gotz a nice bird-day hike planned for you next weekend.
Maybe sumbuddy will even carry a Cheeze Cakie up der and some bird-day candles...
smiling smiley

Last Weekend's Belated Backcountry Birthday Party for OD:

Thanks to JustKeepWalking for the amazing cupcakes!
You are most welcome! It was my pleasure to pack the little treats in! And it was great getting to know you! Trip report from us in a few days, hopefully!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login