All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

TR: North Rim of Yosemite Valley
April 04, 2015 05:40PM
Hello everyone. Last weekend, 3/27-28, went backpacking along the north rim of Yosemite Valley. Started up the Mirror Lake / Snow Creek TH, to Indian Rock, North Dome, and down the Yosemite Falls TH. It was my first time in this area. The views were magnificent. Temperatures were in the low 70s during the day and in the low 40s during the night. Water is still running strong on Snow Creek; could hear the sound of the waterfall from the trail junction near the footbridge. There was a steady flow of water on Lehamite Creek and Indian Canyon Creek. There was no water at Royal Arch Creek; it looked bone dry, not sure if it carried any water this year. Camped around Indian Rock with awesome views covering Mt. Hoffman, Cloud's Rest, Half Dome, and the Valley. Below are some photos; many more here. Enjoy!

Cascade on Snow Creek

Sunset at Natural Arch

Milky Way over Half Dome

Stars over Half Dome

Half Dome and erratics

Awesome view

Upper Yosemte Falls

Half Dome, Mt. Clark
Re: TR: North Rim of Yosemite Valley
April 04, 2015 05:55PM
SPECTACULAR photos!

I did that same route as a day hike 2 years ago.
Your pictures are better than my memories.
April 05, 2015 07:59AM
great photos! Thanks for posting these.

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
avatar Re: TR: North Rim of Yosemite Valley
April 06, 2015 11:03AM
Noice! Very cool photos.
April 08, 2015 07:07PM
Sorry for delay, we were out when u posted. That was a glorious weekend wasn't it? Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing!!!

Oh, and that was my very first full backpacking trip! Two nights, three days, some challenges, but lovely!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 07:10PM by JustKeepWalking.
April 08, 2015 11:00PM
Thank for sharing. Love your pictures.
avatar Re: TR: North Rim of Yosemite Valley
April 09, 2015 12:56PM
Wow, you took some fantastic photos on your backpacking trip!

Thanks for sharing them.
April 11, 2015 08:07AM
Beautiful photos!
April 16, 2015 11:23AM
Thanks everyone!
April 17, 2015 06:54AM
Great pics. Did Snow Creek a couple of years back and camped across from HD. What a place!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login