Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: What are fellow REI members spending their 20% off coupon on?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar What are fellow REI members spending their 20% off coupon on?
April 08, 2015 07:55PM
It's that time of year again where REI is offering its members 20% off of one regularly priced item.

Right now I don't have any idea of what I might spend it on. Need to decide by April 13th (the date that the offer expires).

What regularly priced item have other members of REI have bought (or are planning to buy) with this 20% off offer. Hoping to get some ideas about what to use it on.

April 08, 2015 08:50PM
Thanks for the reminder... The only thing I can think of nowadays for me is shoes, since I wear those out fastest, but I have so many pair already I collect on sales... Hm...

Things REI carries which I like and use in my current backpacking kit and are pricey, so good for coupon use:
  • ThermaRest Xtherm Sleeping pad
  • Osprey Exos 58 backpack
  • Big Agnes Slater UL2+ (Winter)
  • REI Dash 2 tent (bug season)
  • JetBoil Sol/Sol Ti Stove
  • LifeProof iPhone Case
  • Steripen Freedom (Sawyer Mini-Filter gets more use now, but take when traveling)
  • Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork poles (winter/XC/aggressive)
  • Black Diamond Ultra-Distance z-Poles (trail) (already on sale!)
  • La Sportiva Ultra Raptor and Wildcat shoes.

Note: These are things I personally ended up liking and using on a regular basis. I'm sadly a bit of a gear hound, so I've tried a bunch of stuff. As always, YMMV.

Note: I can always find fun clothes there. Sadly Mountain Hardwear changed the design of my favorite backpacking pants, so I'll have to hunt for new design when I wear the ones I already have out. I bought several pair on close-out sales, so this will take a while.

Note: My kit contains many "cottage" goods from Jacks R Better (High Sierra Sniveller quilt), Mountain Laurel Designs (Trailstar, DuoMid, eVent Mitts), Katabatic Gear Bristlecone Pine Bivy sack, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 08:53PM by JustKeepWalking.
April 08, 2015 09:28PM
Adding: Crazy Creek Hex 2.0 chair. I have first version Hexalite. LOVE IT! Every stop and breakfast and dinner!
avatar Re: What are fellow REI members spending their 20% off coupon on?
April 08, 2015 10:23PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I already have a number of the items on your list including the Steripen and Sawyer water filters and the Jetboil.

One item that I would recommend to others who are looking for a great night sleep outdoors (and that I used my REI 20% coupon on last year) is the Therm-a-Rest LuxuryLite UltraLite Cot.

It works great with a quilt and with a little bit of practice it becomes quite easy to set up. And unlike other cots, it's very lightweight. I've had my best night sleep outdoors using it with a Therm-a-Rest ProLite pad on top of it, though I'm sure your Therm-a-Rest Xtherm Sleeping pad will work fine with it too. Something you might want to consider.

April 09, 2015 12:54PM
Comparing prices on Amazon vs. REI, I noticed that Amazon is matching the 20% off on selected items that REI carries, including the Therma-a-Rest cot above: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G3PE6FG/?tag=skeartcom-20

So a strategy one might employ would be to take advantage of the 20% off that Amazon is offering on selected outdoor gear and use REI's 20% off coupon on something that Amazon doesn't sell or isn't discounting by 20%.

April 10, 2015 05:27AM
Excellent catch! Thanks for sharing that!!!
April 09, 2015 11:14AM
JKW,

Re: " Sadly Mountain Hardwear changed the design of my favorite backpacking pants" - FYI, another place to potentially find pairs of the older design of your pants is eBay. You can refine your search to "new with tags", size, etc., and then on the search results page, at the top of the screen in green text is "follow this search", and you can click on that and add it to your eBay automated searches, and then you will get an email whenever someone lists a pair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 11:14AM by PineCone.
April 10, 2015 05:32AM
Good suggestion! I've never bought clothes from eBay... I will look, just in case...

I did get more than 5 pair from close out sites though, so I do have a lot of backups.... Turns out, if I don't dry them in dryer (learned long time ago no Lycra/spandex in dryer) they last and last. Light but tough... Yay... Still, sad I can't point folks to them. Not stylish, but highly functional...
April 08, 2015 10:58PM
I am thinking of a pair of hiking boots. I have hard to fit feet and I finally found a pair that I like and want a backup. Otherwise, my son has requested his own GPS so that is another idea.
April 08, 2015 11:46PM
I recently used mine to get a pair of Salomon hiking boots since mine were punched with a hole at Lost Coast last memorial day weekend when I took a mild tumble while enjoying the scrambling. I didn't notice it until I got back from the trip.
Was debating between Salomon Quest 4D II GTX and Asolo Drifter GV.

I was also tempted to get a decent benchmade knife though I never needed one so far and mainly use a multi-tool leatherman mini. For Sawyer, you might want to check the pricing at walmart.com if you are not averse to buying from there. If yo uare looking at trail runners, La Sportiva Annaconda might be one of the options.
April 09, 2015 03:27PM
I got a pair of Vasque Talus UltraDry. At first I thought they were too stiff in the ankles but after wearing them several times, I really like them. I have a wide foot, narrow heel, high arch and high instep and I find it hard to get a really comfortable boot so when I find a pair I like, so I am thinking about getting a second pair.
April 09, 2015 04:51AM
parklover
Otherwise, my son has requested his own GPS so that is another idea.

20% off not valid on GPS units =(

There are some rebates available though...
April 09, 2015 07:45AM
For camping in the Valley campgrounds (and not for backpacking!) I'm getting this
(although it admittedly would be quite fun to see someone try and lug one of these along backpacking) eye rolling smiley

REI Kingdom Sleep System - Queen

(audible gasp is heard from backpackers whose sleeping pad is roughly the same size/weight of a rolled-up dish towel. eye popping smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 10:53AM by PineCone.
April 09, 2015 03:29PM
That looks comfy.
April 09, 2015 03:29PM
Darn, I didn't read the fine print. I could always use my dividend for the GPS
April 09, 2015 05:32PM
JRinGeorgia
parklover

For an inexpensive GPS option, the GoPhone Lumia 520 or Lumia 635 can't be beat--they are $40-$50, but you'll want to add a SD card to hold maps (or music or videos...) and download a mapping program (maaloo or NaviComputer are both good; one is free, one is a few dollars). As a bonus, they can play music or movies (for those long winter nights), you can put books on them, and they even have FM radio built in. They are not weatherproof like dedicated GPS units, but the screen is much bigger, and the GPS sensitivity is actually quite good--I think Chick-on compared tracks between his Lumia and eTrex and found them comparable. There is no need to activate service or use any of the phone features--but I think you can still place a 911 call in areas with AT&T coverage without activation (FCC requirement). It's what I use for my backcountry GPS needs.
April 10, 2015 07:36AM
basilbop
JRinGeorgia
parklover

For an inexpensive GPS option, the GoPhone Lumia 520 or Lumia 635 can't be beat--they are $40-$50, but you'll want to add a SD card to hold maps (or music or videos...) and download a mapping program (maaloo or NaviComputer are both good; one is free, one is a few dollars). As a bonus, they can play music or movies (for those long winter nights), you can put books on them, and they even have FM radio built in. They are not weatherproof like dedicated GPS units, but the screen is much bigger, and the GPS sensitivity is actually quite good--I think Chick-on compared tracks between his Lumia and eTrex and found them comparable. There is no need to activate service or use any of the phone features--but I think you can still place a 911 call in areas with AT&T coverage without activation (FCC requirement). It's what I use for my backcountry GPS needs.

The Lumia 520 is vastly SUPERIOR to the older Garmin models like the eTrex Vista HCx... which likes to
wander... it is just as good as imo... as the eTrex 30... which I use on a regular basis...
I still carry the eTrex 30 mainly because I know I can throw my pack in a lake and it will still be functioning...
The tracks from both are nearly identical. I was going to show someone a track up to Smith Peak
with both units... and they simply were pretty much spot on... that it was a moot pt..
The Lumia is just an INCREDIBLE bargain. It's a smart phone which nowadayz is simply a
computer which is capable of books, movies, etc. Loved it so much so that I bought a few extra and
gave them as "stock stuffers" ...
There's at least 3 others that look at this forum that could/should vouch for this phone being a nice GPS device.

Anywho. If you are looking for a GPS... highly recommend... and for the price of a Garmin ...
you can buy about 8 spares and still have money left over ... (at current prices)

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 10, 2015 07:50AM
I was gonna let Basilbop's comment stand for me too... But yah, the little Lumia is pretty awesome. I've had a few issues with my iPhone recently (not sure software or carrier, still working with Apple) but the Lumia has been rock solid from the start. Kindle app, movies, maps, contacts, calendar and more all on hand. Cheap, solid. It is the best value I know. If one of you knows a better option, please share!
April 10, 2015 08:20AM
It sounds like a great value for that phone, I'd never heard of it before.
However, a cheaper option would be to simply enlist chick-on as your guide whenever you head to the backcountry,
as it sounds like he has a shoe box full of these phones!
July 15, 2015 01:16PM
I also have the Lumia 520, haven't taken it hiking but here is something cool it (or any other phone) can do: Real time location on geo-referenced pdf maps.

You need a geo-referenced pdf map, which can be googled (USGS says their pdfs are) and a free app called "PDF Maps" from Avenza (in beta stage for windows phone, in store for android and iphone). Load the pdf map in avenza and it'll show you where you are on the map (if you are in that area that is).

Haven't tried this for hiking, but it works like a charm for finding your way around an orchard. Accuracy is not great, but within 20' usually.
April 10, 2015 10:11AM
chick-on
basilbop

The Lumia 520 is vastly SUPERIOR to the older Garmin models like the eTrex Vista HCx... which likes to
wander... it is just as good as imo... as the eTrex 30... which I use on a regular basis...
I still carry the eTrex 30 mainly because I know I can throw my pack in a lake and it will still be functioning...
The tracks from both are nearly identical. I was going to show someone a track up to Smith Peak
with both units... and they simply were pretty much spot on... that it was a moot pt..
The Lumia is just an INCREDIBLE bargain. It's a smart phone which nowadayz is simply a
computer which is capable of books, movies, etc. Loved it so much so that I bought a few extra and
gave them as "stock stuffers" ...
There's at least 3 others that look at this forum that could/should vouch for this phone being a nice GPS device.

Anywho. If you are looking for a GPS... highly recommend... and for the price of a Garmin ...
you can buy about 8 spares and still have money left over ... (at current prices)

Thanks for the recommendations in regards to the Lumia Window Phones. I probably won't get either since I recently bought a Lumia 830 to replace my older Lumia 822. smiling smiley But I'm very glad to hear that the GPS in the newer Lumias perform very well.

So is there any other mapping, navigation or topo software in addition to maaloo Outdoor and NaviComputer recommended by Basilbop for the Lumia that's useful to download too?

By the way, the fitness tracking app I use with my Lumia is Endomondo Sports Tracker. It works very well and for those who have multiple phones (or switch from one smartphone platform to another when upgrading), Endomondo Sports Tracker app is also available for Android phones, iPhones, Blackberries and even the Amazon Fire Phone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2015 10:52AM by plawrence.
April 10, 2015 11:55AM
"There's at least 3 others that look at this forum that could/should vouch for this phone being a nice GPS device."
Yes, I can vouch for the Lumia 520. A great GPS device, a cool MP3 player and, with a GoPhone sim card, a communication device!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 06:50AM by troutwild.
April 10, 2015 01:44PM
It is a nice GPS and the road map app works well also. The big bright screen is way better than the Garmin. I do not throw my stuff into lakes and I keep my boat tied up when not in use.

Old Dude
April 10, 2015 03:18PM
How is the battery life of the Lumias when out on the field using their GPS apps?

With moderate use, my Lumia 830 goes about 60 hours before it gets nearly drained. With heavy use, only about 36 hours max. It does have a replaceable battery so if need be I could get a spare or two for it if I'm going to be away from a power source for over two days.

April 10, 2015 04:11PM
For full-time tracking, maybe two days on a charge. I generally charge using either solar or one of those small rechargeable USB power packs (e.g. Tenergy). If using only for occasional navigation/routefinding, I suspect it would last several days as long as the GPS/wifi/Bluetooth/phone are not active all the time. The replacement batteries for the Lumias are quite inexpensive, so that's another option--but the USB power pack thing can recharge several items.
April 11, 2015 01:02PM
I purchased the Nokia 520 off a recommendation with the free navicomputer/navimapper set-up. I love it. The phone is simple to use, has a battery that lasts and recharges quickly, and the GPS is accurate. Doubling as a media phone--with capability to pre-load movies, shows, etc. is just a bonus. I can't comment on the photo-quality because I've never used it. Don't be fooled by the $30. You're getting much more than you pay for. I do admit that the phone may feel less rugged than that of an iPhone or other $600 pieces of equipment. However, I added a $5 case off of amazon and that solved the problem.
April 11, 2015 02:27PM
I have a older Garmin 60CSx and he likes it. He has a new iPhone 6 to do the other stuff. Realistically, at this point in time, he is with us most of the time and can just use mine. He just loves his gadgets and really doesn't need one of his own right now.
April 11, 2015 03:05PM
Gaia GPS is my go-to app on my iPhone (iOS devices). That's all he'll need! (Battery pack maybe for recharges if multi day.)
April 11, 2015 10:07PM
But you need a cell signal don't you to use it? Both my son and hubby have other GPS apps on their iPhones and they can't use them in some places.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 10:14PM by parklover.
April 11, 2015 11:00PM
The apps mentioned above allow you to download maps.. Many kinds, actually... That way you don't need to have any internet connection whatsoever when using the apps.

The GPS works in the phones even when out of range of cellular towers and WiFi. In fact, in Windows and Android (most?/all?) phones, you can turn all antennae off except for GPS. Apple iPhones require the cellular voice chip to remain on, but WiFi and Bluetooth can be turned off to conserve battery power.

In fact, I have several road GPS map apps on both iOS and Windows Phone for street maps/navigation, in case accessing Apple/Google Maps is problematic... Garmin USA, Navigon (iOS), Nokia Here for Windows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 11:03PM by JustKeepWalking.
April 12, 2015 08:17AM
OK, see if I have this correct. You can turn off everything but the GPS and it will still track where you are on the maps? Sorry, I don't have a smart phone so I don't have the ins and outs of it. I do have a old iPod but, of course, if I don't have a WiFi connection, I can't use certain apps.
April 24, 2015 08:11AM
basilbop
JRinGeorgia
parklover

Hmmm I'm very interested in this. Where do you guys download maps?

OH and for the 20% I decided to buy myself a new platy 2l water filter. Loving it!
April 24, 2015 10:06AM
KevinD

Both maaloo and NaviComputer can be configured to download maps from caltopo, which has many different map sources in Google tile/web format. You'll have to enter the map sources manually, but they are not that complicated--I can post links to my map source files--and some pre-built maps (it's all public domain data) for both of these later tonight.
April 24, 2015 11:11AM
basilbop
KevinD

Both maaloo and NaviComputer can be configured to download maps from caltopo, which has many different map sources in Google tile/web format. You'll have to enter the map sources manually, but they are not that complicated--I can post links to my map source files--and some pre-built maps (it's all public domain data) for both of these later tonight.

Ahhh! I've been using CalTopo for my other trips. Excellent! Thanks for the info Basilpop! Just ordered a lumia 635.

-Kevin
April 24, 2015 11:18AM
I'm reading through the NaviComputer info and it seems you have to modify the XML files of the downloaded maps. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Kevin
April 11, 2015 11:52PM
Well, I decided to spend my REI 20% off coupon on Therm-a-Rest's latest and greatest sleeping pad, the EvoLite Sleeping Pad. I got the large size, not because I need the extra length, but I think I will appreciate the extra width (25" wide vs just 20" wide) since I like to roll around when I sleep which is a bit of a pain when dealing with pad that's only 20" wide. (I wish Them-a-Rest made a regular length Wide size pad (the length of the Regular size pads but the width of their Large size pads. That would be perfect for how I sleep.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2015 11:53PM by plawrence.
April 12, 2015 08:18AM
Looks good. We didn't make it to the store yesterday because my son had too much homework.
April 12, 2015 04:27PM
Don't forget you still have thru tomorrow to use it, and if you can't make it to one of their stores for your hiking boots for instance, you can always order online with free shipping! smiling smiley
April 12, 2015 05:15PM
We went earlier this afternoon and I got my boots and my hubby a bike stand thing, so he can ride his bike inside. Son is still doing homework and didn't go. REI is such a temptation and everywhere I look there is something I wish I could buy. One thing happened that I could not believe. I was looking at water bottles and found a used paper coffee cup sitting on the same shelf. There was a guy next to me and I said to him that I did not expect to be picking up someone's trash in a outdoors store. HE couldn't believe it either.
April 12, 2015 05:39PM
I'm glad you got your boots. I know what you mean about spotting new things in the store and the temptation, that's how I wound up with the camping bed I mentioned above in my post. smiling smiley
For me personally and car camping, I got tired of waking up some nights laying on the tent floor next to my Thermarest pad, and then having to shimmy back up on to it zipped up in my sleeping bag, like Houdini. So I figured 'what the heck', and time to try something new.
I know the REI store you shop at, as I live only a few miles from it, and that store is not my favorite. Lots of tourists in there, so the paper coffee cup thing doesn't surprise me. I prefer the larger store down the freeway south of us, and usually frequent that location instead.
April 13, 2015 12:11PM
I have been to that other store a few times and while it is nice, it is twice the distance and takes more than twice the time to get there so I don't find it worth while to go there when time seems to be a issue for me right now. I know what you mean about rolling of your camping mattress since I move around a lot when I sleep.
April 13, 2015 08:52AM
My wife and I use our REI Visa quite a bit, and I've been letting the dividend pile up for the last two years. I ended up getting a Copper Spur 3UL and an Osprey Atmos 65. Looking forward to taking them out on a test run.

In other news, I just learned quite a bit about phones,GPS and mapping software. Many thanks to those offering advice.
April 13, 2015 09:02AM
hikerchick, I assume you probably already know this, but just in case, the 20% coupon code is also online on their web site (for online orders or in-store purchases).
April 13, 2015 08:54AM
It would be nice if, after being a member for over 35 years, REI would send me a coupon
April 13, 2015 12:14PM
My hubby and I have separate memberships. I got a email and coupons in the mail and he only got a email.
April 13, 2015 12:16PM
I don't get their emails either! I've called and tried over the years. No luck. I get their sales receipts, just not heir ads and coupons. Sigh.

Good news, it's tied to your account, so u don't need to have a coupon on you.

I just burned mine on a new pair of La Sportiva Shoes (I'll update with name/ link in a bit).
April 13, 2015 01:07PM
Hmm, have you signed up for REI Gearmail? That would get you on the email list I'd think:

REI Gearmail sign-up
April 13, 2015 01:39PM
I'm signed up, have tried over and over. Talked to their tech support several times. Something is definitely weird with my account... I've given up trying. If Basilbop gets a personalized coupon code, I just call and get them to honor it for me. My local REI has been awesome.. All the longer term employees recognize me...it hasn't really impacted me...
April 13, 2015 02:28PM
...and, FWIW, I get multiple Gearmail emails (I signed up at different times with different accounts...) Go figure.
April 13, 2015 09:37PM
Sorry, all kinds of things getting in way of getting back here... Not sure if these will be the first waterproof breathables I'll like, but it's my best shot so far, if reports of their breathability are true...

La Sportiva Synthesis Surround GTX Mids

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2015 09:39PM by JustKeepWalking.
May 26, 2015 05:58AM
Two wet weekends ago, I finally got to use these shoes in snow, slush, puddles, flooded trails and creek hops. Wet granite, shrub, logs... Great grip! Felt plenty stable. Light enough I felt like zipping when I could...

I found them to work beautifully. They kept me warmer than my breathable "summer" trail runner, the La Sportiva Wildcat, but never got hot, and though I got damp, I stayed drier than other waterproof shoes by a good margin, and drier than the summer shoes would have been. They would have been wet right off. Which isn't a problem for me... But constant snow would make my feet cold, which is fine when walking, but not when stopped.

Anyway, two downsides: I had bought the size I normally get from La Sportiva. They had felt roomy and comfy in store/home. But on trail they were TOO big. A new one on me. LS shoes typically feel very tight to me... And on steep downhills, the top collar of the shoe bruised my ankle bones. No way for me to cinch laces to keep from sliding in shoe without hurting my ankle.

So, I went to REI and tested the next two half sizes down! 2 hours. There were subtle differences. I was trying to figure out what felt best. I finally opted for full size down. If that is too tight, I'll go in between. If that doesn't work, I'll be bummed. I really like the shoe, but wouldn't be the first time a great shoe doesn't work with my particular anatomy...

Last weekend, I almost took the new shoes, but opted for Wildcats since I knew we would be doing deep fords, and it wouldn't be too cold, and I wasn't ready to test a flooded waterproof shoe on a multi day XC journey. I'll do that on a dayhike in case it gets ugly... That'll be the final test... If they pass being flooded... Wow... Near perfect shoe for my style of hiking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2015 06:01AM by JustKeepWalking.
April 13, 2015 06:51PM
Vasque GTX breeze hiking boots! 20% and dividends =< $90. My old pair wore out last week in the Grand Canyon.
April 13, 2015 08:09PM
Good choice and good price. When we were in Glacier last summer, the sole fell off my boot for the third time and I went through part of the trip using duck tape so I decided it was time to get a new pair then and bought a back up pair yesterday. Hope you had fun at GC.
April 17, 2015 01:13PM
The Grand Canyon was tough but amazing. Down the South Kaibab to Phantom Ranch for the night, and then up the Bright Angel to Indian Gardens and Plateau Point, then back to the rim. I learned I'm a mountain man over a canyon man.
April 17, 2015 11:02AM
Will I be thrown off the forum if I admit I used mine on a titanium bike lock?
April 17, 2015 01:50PM
lschaaf
Will I be thrown off the forum if I admit I used mine on a titanium bike lock?

Absolutely not! That's a perfect piece of ultra-light gear when you're cruising around Yosemite Valley on your bike!

April 18, 2015 08:01AM
April 22, 2015 08:13PM
Just wanted to thank JKW for starting this thread. It inspired me to purchase the Black Diamond UD z Poles with my coupon. I really have needed new poles for some time since mine slip but I am sloooow to buy new gear so it was just the nudge I needed. I look forward to trying them out.

Also, VERY curious to hear what JKW thinks of the new Sportiva Synthesis shoe. Went over to REI this weekend with my backpacking partner to try them on. Looking for something other than gortex to allow for waterproof without the feet getting super hot and because she needs a wide toe box we wanted to try them on. Didn't buy but will keep an eye out for any review you might share after trying them!

Only problem is getting some sort of precipitation to fall from the sky to see how they hold up...
April 22, 2015 09:00PM
Thanks should go to plawrence for starting the thread! I'm just a gear-head and love trying and talking about gear!

I'll definitely let you know about the Synthesis. It is actually still a Gore-Tex product, it's the design of the material and the shoe (breathability below foot as well) that is supposed to make this the most breathable of waterproof shoes. We shall see. My feet are sensitive in some odd ways and have not yet been happy with any waterproof shoe... Hopefully this one will work...

Currently debating this weekend. Forecasts are across the board in terms of precip. Not sure what to do, given the intended participants...sigh...
April 23, 2015 03:25PM
I am interested in knowing how you like them too. I have picky feet.
April 30, 2015 07:22AM
JustKeepWalking
Thanks should go to plawrence for starting the thread! I'm just a gear-head and love trying and talking about gear!

I'll definitely let you know about the Synthesis. It is actually still a Gore-Tex product, it's the design of the material and the shoe (breathability below foot as well) that is supposed to make this the most breathable of waterproof shoes. We shall see. My feet are sensitive in some odd ways and have not yet been happy with any waterproof shoe... Hopefully this one will work...

Currently debating this weekend. Forecasts are across the board in terms of precip. Not sure what to do, given the intended participants...sigh...

If yours are like my Mid version, the Synthesis Surround, they used a very thin insole. Mine wore down pretty quickly. They are Ortholite. I compared them to ones I just got through Amazon, way thinner. I bought these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037TPTQQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
April 22, 2015 09:14PM
Sorry plawrence- you get the thread credit.

Thanks to JKW for the list!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login