Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Ten Lakes basin to Glen Aulin HSC

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Ten Lakes basin to Glen Aulin HSC
July 13, 2015 02:49PM
Would like some info on this hike....mainly the distance from the ten lakes basin area to Glen Aulin's HSC. Hoping it's doable in a nice long day. We are planning on it being the second day of a 3 day hike, beginning at yosemite creek/ ten lakes trailhead and ending near Tuolumne meadows campground.
avatar Re: Ten Lakes basin to Glen Aulin HSC
July 13, 2015 06:03PM
If I am reading my maps correctly its 16.7 miles from 10 Lakes Pass to Glen Aulin. If you are (likely) somewhere in the basin it will be a bit less than that. Water will be scarce for most of the hike unless you are going very soon. Probably last water in the South Fork of Cathedral Creek, and it might be close to 9 miles before you see any water again, at McGee Lake.
avatar Re: Ten Lakes basin to Glen Aulin HSC
July 13, 2015 06:11PM
We will be there on September 2nd. I'm hoping it's a little less than 16.7 as we plan to camp on the edge of the easternmost lake, so long as there is availability. Still that's a good haul for the day and I suppose an early start would be best. Was also wondering about the water levels, thanks for that info. We'll be sure to have plenty.
Re: Ten Lakes basin to Glen Aulin HSC
July 15, 2015 11:43AM
There should be water at the "Tuolumne Tarns"--the two small lakes on the northeast spur of Tuolumne Peak. There is also a tarn before the trail drops into South Fork Cathedral heading west that may have water. South Fork itself should have water, but you may need to hunt around a bit for a pool of water.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login