Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Itinerary

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Itinerary
July 25, 2015 08:46PM
I have a 5 day trip planned in late September. I was originally going to start at Tenaya lake and make my way to little Happy isles. I am thinking about changing my starting point to the Cathedral lake trailhead. Any thoughts? pro/cons? This is my first trip to Yosemite so id like to take as much in as possible. Thanks in advance
July 26, 2015 12:17AM
kembo05
I have a 5 day trip planned in late September. I was originally going to start at Tenaya lake and make my way to little Happy isles. I am thinking about changing my starting point to the Cathedral lake trailhead. Any thoughts? pro/cons? This is my first trip to Yosemite so id like to take as much in as possible. Thanks in advance

Should be no problem. Two ways to go, either stay on the John Muir Trail or get over to Clouds Rest and Half Dome. You can get a HD permit as your trip will reasonably take you by HD. If the rain keeps coming there should be no water problems.

Old Dude
August 04, 2015 05:55PM
I would definitely go Cathedral Lake. Its a Yosemite must-see, and you still get to go by most of the other stuff. There is nothing special IMO about the climb from Tenaya Lake up to Sunrise. Only reason to go there is if you want to check out Tenaya Bowl or do the rap down the canyon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login