Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

yosemite trip

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

yosemite trip
August 18, 2015 12:09PM
notwithstanding the fact that fires can't last forever, how rash would it be to contemplate a trip to Yosemite (TM-Crown lake and back) for Sept/Oct (remembering that I will be travelling from the UK)eye rolling smiley
Re: yosemite trip
August 18, 2015 02:54PM
I wouldn't worry about the fire by then. But bear in mind that the weather can be pretty different in the fall. It's a beautiful time to visit Yosemite, but you may have to choose a different route if a big storm comes in.

There is so much to see in Yosemite that you could simply day-hike the park that time of year and still have a fabulous time...

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
August 18, 2015 03:09PM
some turkeys around here did a trek when the Rim fire was BURNING...

and some same turkeys just missed some Walker fire thingie...

Don't base your trip that far away by fires burning now.

been in snow storms that timeframe...

it's all good fun
tongue sticking out smiley

Have fun n Be Safe

Chick-on is looking at you!
August 18, 2015 04:27PM
Not rash at all. I am sure that I will be there one or more times in October. Of course, you never know with the weather...the weather in the high country could be perfect and it could be perfectly horrible. But there is always something to do, even if the weather keeps you out of the high country.

Keep in mind that no overnight parking is allowed on the Tioga Road after October 15, so if you start and end at Tuolumne Meadows you will need to back at your car by then.
Re: yosemite trip
August 19, 2015 11:03AM
thanks, everyone.
I do like snow, but only if it is down before I get there.bear
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login