All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

On top of Halfdome and Sentinel Dome
January 03, 2016 11:00PM
Just got back from a week long trip to Yosemite. Yesterday (Jan 2) at 1 pm we were at Tunnel View and using a telephoto lens and expanding the view we could see people on top of Half Dome and Sentinel dome and wonder if it was anyone from here.
avatar Re: On top of Halfdome and Sentinel Dome
January 04, 2016 01:47PM
Wuz up der on Sentinel Dome on the 27th... Z Valley was a zoo on the 2nd... yowza!

http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?17,82612

tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: On top of Halfdome and Sentinel Dome
January 04, 2016 03:34PM
chick-on
Wuz up der on Sentinel Dome on the 27th... Z Valley was a zoo on the 2nd... yowza!

http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?17,82612

tongue sticking out smiley

I haven't had time to catch up on all what was posted while I was gone for the week. Nice pictures. We were in the valley on the 2nd and you are right it was a zoo. Did you see how people didn't understand that it is a two lane road and they were parking in the left lane? When we drove down around 11 am there were cars parked in the road almost the whole way between Swinging Bridge and the Chapel. We parked the car and went hiking around, had dinner and by the time we left the valley it was 10 pm and we had the road to ourselves.
avatar Re: On top of Halfdome and Sentinel Dome
January 04, 2016 03:45PM
Yup. It was nuts. I came down from Bagder... and only went to El Cap crossover.
Before then people were parked in the left lane... near the "Gates of the Valley"
sign where it is straight and there should be two lanes... but people were I guess
thinking it's only one lane. Of course the obligatory people walking in lanes of
traffic, stopped in middle of road, etc. etc.
The drive to the Bay Area felt like summer too...

It was really nice out though... so...
smiling smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login