Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Camping/hiking in march

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Camping/hiking in march
February 15, 2016 01:57PM
Hi there!

1) I am trying to plan a visit to the Yosemite in the beginning of march. It is obviously a bit last moment, due to hesitations and uncertainty concerning the possibility of such a visit! Now I am very excited, but a bit scared of the "first one/first served" at camp 4. What happened if all the spots are occupied? Is there a way to camp a little further? (I didn't find any reservation spot available in the other). Do you have any idea if the camps are usually crowded in this period of time?

2) We are planning to hike for three days, doing only day hikes from the Yosemite valley. Would you strongly advise to get some traction devices? What hikes would recommend?

Cheers!
avatar Re: Camping/hiking in march
February 18, 2016 02:18PM
Depending on your days, you shouldn't have any problems finding a spot in Camp 4. If it freezes at night, I would definitely recommend some microspikes of some sort. In three days, you should be able to explore most of the valley floor, including Vernal Fall, Nevada Fall, Mirror Lake, Yosemite Falls....Should be awesome!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login