Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Anyone hiked Dinkey Lakes Wilderness?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Anyone hiked Dinkey Lakes Wilderness?
May 21, 2016 04:13PM
I'll be heading out further south than normal for an easy (sleeping on a bed in a cabin each night) long weekend in Dinkey Lakes Wilderness. Probably just hike a loop to the lakes, then maybe up to Kaiser Peak. I thought that there might have been some discussion here regarding that general area but searches of Kaiser Peak and Dinkey Lakes turned up nothing.

Any suggestions about what to see/avoid while in that area? It looks to me like a pretty nice, low-key, easy access hike for early in the season. Lots of granite (if not under snow).
avatar Re: Anyone hiked Dinkey Lakes Wilderness?
May 21, 2016 08:07PM
Here's one trip report of the Dinkey Lakes Wilderness (it's also mentioned in other threads too).

http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?17,74567,74577

(Tip: Google the following: site:yosemitenews.info "dinkey lakes" )

Leave No Trace
Re: Anyone hiked Dinkey Lakes Wilderness?
May 22, 2016 10:15AM
@plawrence thanks for the TR link and search tip. I searched using this site's search and nothing turned up. It surprises me that Google found anything, as I thought Google was used for even intra-site search here.
avatar Re: Anyone hiked Dinkey Lakes Wilderness?
May 22, 2016 01:33PM
May 23, 2016 08:03AM
From your link I am guessing that you are using Advanced Search. I was just using standard. It appears that the default (for me) is search the past year, and posts with me as the author. That's not very helpful.

Your link looks like any author, any date,, any forum, any type.

I'll have to keep this in mind. Maybe there is a preference in profiles for search defaults? I'll take a look.
May 24, 2016 08:37PM
I loved the Dinkey Lake Wilderness. I hiked in in from Courtwright Reservoir a few years ago and spend a few days hiking a lake filled loop. Right now I'm not able to find
the pictures, but find a map and you'll figure it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login