Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Snowshoes: anyone have/tried TSL Symbioz Elite?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Snowshoes: anyone have/tried TSL Symbioz Elite?
January 09, 2017 12:42PM
I've researched previous posts asking about snowshoe recommendations. I was ready to pull the trigger on MSR Lightning Ascent (25" for me, 25" women's (narrower) for SO). Seems like a solid, standard, tested design. No sales currently to be found, unfortunately. On a last page of snowshoe reviews that I found, someone mentioned the TSL Symbioz Elite. I found it and it seems to be a radically different, perhaps "modern" update to the MSR "standard" design. The binding system looks more like a ski boot (or snowboarding boot) system. The shoe platform flexes a lot. There appear to be similar amount of teeth/spikes/crampons as the MSR for traction. (I did read that it may not float as well as a rigid shoe platform design.) However, modern, new, and different are not always better. Sometimes a design lasts because nothing else beats it. Sometimes it is because there is a dominant vendor controlling a huge percent of the market and innovation stalls without competition. It's hard to tell and the only way I can try is to reach out to people with direct knowledge and/or experience. Many here praise the MSR Lightning Ascent, and that will be my default decision. They are both the same price point.

Does anyone have insight into the Symbioz Elite? (or why the MSR design is still the best)? Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login