Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Hume Lake

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 14, 2017 07:25AM
Just west north south of Kings Canyon:

From Panoramic Point (a nice snowshoe)

Feb 12:

Mar 9:

Chick-on is looking at you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2017 07:28AM by chick-on.
March 14, 2017 12:44PM
Beautiful photos. Now we've just gotta convince the closedcontour folks to release a SEKI map so I can sort of understand where the heck you guys are this week.
March 14, 2017 05:23PM
Maybe I'm missing something. You can type "Panoramic Point" into Google Maps or go to the SEKI driving map at https://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/upload/SEKImap3_2015.pdf and see it east of the General Grant Grove.
March 14, 2017 07:38PM
Well...he gave the direction from "Kings Canyon", which is ambiguous - is that the geographic feature, in which case "west-southwest" is probably correct, or the park, in which case...it's inside the park! Or were the directions referring to Hume Lake, in which case the lake is northeast of the Panoramic Point part of the park, and largely west of the geographic feature?

Nice pictures though, thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2017 07:39PM by ttilley.
March 14, 2017 08:15PM
ttilley
Well...he gave the direction from "Kings Canyon", which is ambiguous - is that the geographic feature, in which case "west-southwest" is probably correct, or the park, in which case...it's inside the park! Or were the directions referring to Hume Lake, in which case the lake is northeast of the Panoramic Point part of the park, and largely west of the geographic feature?

Exactly! When you figure it out, you can help settle our little "argument"...
March 14, 2017 08:36PM
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Photos were taken from (or near) Panoramic Point (just within the park boundary), looking northeast toward Hume Lake (outside the park boundary) and beyond (back within the park).
March 14, 2017 08:36PM
Eye purty much threw in the towel.

"I'm going to Kings Canyon"

This means I'm going to be driving down to the Kings River at 8000 ft. below Spanish Mountain.
See you there.

O wait, no, I'm I'm ...

Sew Confoozed!

Chick-on is looking at you!
March 14, 2017 09:40PM
chick-on
Eye purty much threw in the towel.

"I'm going to Kings Canyon"

This means I'm going to be driving down to the Kings River at 8000 ft. below Spanish Mountain.
See you there.

O wait, no, I'm I'm ...

Sew Confoozed!

It's all Kings Canyon:

"A few miles outside the parks, Kings Canyon deepens and steepens becoming arguably the deepest canyon in North America for short distance. The confluence of the South Fork and Middle forks of the Kings River lies at 2,260 feet, while towering above the rivers on the north side of the canyon is Spanish Peak, which is 10,051 feet tall."

https://www.nps.gov/seki/learn/nature/geology_overview.htm
March 14, 2017 09:52PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login