All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Getting to Glacier Point in Mid May
March 27, 2017 04:10PM
Hi,

I am new here. It's a pleasure to meet you guys here. smiling smiley I am planning a 2 days trip to Yosemite from May 17-18, and I would like to go to Glacier Point during my visit there. From the park's current condition's info, it mentions that the Badger Pass Road closes on April 2 at 7 pm for plowing. Does that mean that the plowing on the Glacier Point Road will start earlier than the anticipated April 15, and hence it is possible that the road will be opened earlier? I checked on the park's website historical opening dates of the road, and in year 2011 with the snowpack about the same as this year, the road was opened in May 27 but I am not sure exactly when they started plowing in that year.

If worst case the road is still closed by the time of my visit, is there any alternative way to get to Glacier Point? I love the view theret; it is simply breathtaking! I hope not to miss it on my upcoming trip to the park smiling smiley
Re: Getting to Glacier Point in Mid May
March 27, 2017 07:26PM
Shortest: Four Mile Trail (if it's open, 4.5 miles each way))
Longer: Mist Trail/JMT - Panorama - Glacier (like 9 miles each way)
Even Longer: Pohono Trail from Tunnel View Parking lot (about 13 miles each way, and good chance of snow along the way, especially if FMT hasn't opened yet)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login