All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 22, 2017 06:41AM

Of course we are always "there"

Though Yosemite IS better...
Congrats on completing Grant Grove porshun of SEKI TQ
smiling smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 22, 2017 01:34PM
Jeez, the lighting on that last photo is incredible. Almost literally, in fact. Did you use a filter?

Also, as much as I love reading the SEKI stuff you guys put out, I'll always be partial to your Yosemite adventures. Thanks for sharing!
May 22, 2017 04:54PM
Some would say I literally don't have a filter.

Re: Welcome back (home)
May 22, 2017 09:43PM
When I was looking at the scene in real life, I thought it looked like a painting! It was lovely! No filters on the pic!

Sometimes I wish the Chick-on had more of a filter, but honestly, he usually keeps us laughing! Lots of fun !

Huge thanks to both the guys for enabling me to backpack. My foot is not fully recovered and I couldn't do much, but they took what weight hey could from me, and we had an awesome trip!
May 22, 2017 04:57PM
It makes a sound when it falls in a campground...

Feel free to fwd to 2:30 to avoid the .... yawn...

Video taken by JKW with her iPhoney 7++ or something like that

tongue sticking out smiley

May 22, 2017 09:55PM
I stupidly bumped my phone which was on a tripod just before the real action, so I couldn't level it in time... sorry about that!

Turn up the volume if you aren't using headphones. Then cracking and noise as it is going over was neat.. then BOOM!

By the time the trip was over, we barely noticed the booms! Lotsa work going on to remove the dangerous trees from front country areas and backcountry trails.

We went down to look at things up close, and they were so pleased we were fascinated and appreciated their work, they talked to us in depth. Showed us their huge saws. So friendly. Turns out, they usually get complaints from the public. The public that wants to walk around the trees... These guys are helping save lives and property. I don't think those people realize the trees fall over on their own, with potentially disastrous consequences.

We have encountered so much deadfall already, that as we were hiking trails, we realized some trail-tree crews had just cleared trail basilbop and chickon had just done! When we ran into the crews, we thanked them best we could. Those guys were doing a lot of work! Very appreciated!
May 22, 2017 10:15PM
Looks like someone bumped the camera. For a second I thought the camera was accidentally placed where the tree landed lol
May 22, 2017 11:15PM
KevinD
Looks like someone bumped the camera. For a second I thought the camera was accidentally placed where the tree landed lol

It sound like another tree (out of view) fell right next to the camera (iPhone).

Thank you JKW for recording the event. And thank you chick-on for uploading it on YouTube.

Leave No Trace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2017 11:16PM by plawrence.
May 23, 2017 06:42AM
JustKeepWalking
I stupidly bumped my phone which was on a tripod just before the real action, so I couldn't level it in time... sorry about that!

May 23, 2017 06:44AM
Ostrander June 10, 2011:

Ostrander now:

May 23, 2017 06:47AM
Ottoway / Red Peak / Pass / Merced Peak area June 10, 2011

Now (May 20, 2017)

May 23, 2017 10:22AM
Amazing. I'm heading up there in early September. I'm sure there will be still plenty of snow to go around. Seems like a theme for this year spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 23, 2017 04:21PM
Really like the lighting of that second photo! Thanks for sharing and welcome back!
June 06, 2017 07:06AM
Home away from home ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login