All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Need Ride to May Lake Trailhead July 15th WILL PAY MUCHO!!!
July 06, 2017 11:01AM
So I just found out the shuttle from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne Meadows won't start running until July 17th. I'm hoping to find someone driving up towards Tuolumne on Saturday July 15th who would be willing to give a ride to me and my two kids (18yo & 16yo). I'll definitely pay cash if anyone is willing to help out. We were planning a 9 day hike finishing in the valley and starting at May Lake > Snow Creek Trailhead. We should be in the valley by 4:00 or 5:00am.

If 3 is too many I could drop my kids at the trailhead and then would only need a ride for 1 person.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll pm you my cell, thanks!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2017 11:18AM by Creakyknees.
Re: Need Ride to May Lake Trailhead WILL PAY MUCHO!!!
July 06, 2017 11:20AM
YARTS is now running...
Re: Need Ride to May Lake Trailhead WILL PAY MUCHO!!!
July 06, 2017 11:24AM
Yes but the YARTS from the Valley to Tuolumne Meadows only runs in the evening and that won't work for us. We will be arriving early on the 15th and our permit from May Lake is the 15th.
Re: Need Ride to May Lake Trailhead July 15th WILL PAY MUCHO!!!
July 06, 2017 11:50AM
Where did you hear that the hiker's bus would be running on the 17th? The person I spoke with said they won't run the bus until TM facilities open up and it won't be anytime soon.
July 06, 2017 12:00PM
When I called them this morning they told me July 17th but take it for what its worth. I'm also talking about the shuttle that runs from the valley to Tuolumne, not the backpacker shuttle that just runs between trailheads from Tuolumne Meadows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2017 12:02PM by Creakyknees.
July 06, 2017 07:34PM
Just to clarify I would happily pay $50 - $100 for the ride.
July 07, 2017 07:10AM
Hey Creakyknees,

It is way more than a ride or a bus ticket, but it looks like your best option might be to rent a car...
July 07, 2017 07:31AM
Alternative is to park your car at the trailhead then do your hike and end in the valley. Then catch the bus back to your car after the hike. I have done this several times and will probably do it again this year.
avatar Re: Need Ride to May Lake Trailhead July 15th WILL PAY MUCHO!!!
July 07, 2017 04:19PM
jkokbaker
Alternative is to park your car at the trailhead then do your hike and end in the valley. Then catch the bus back to your car after the hike. I have done this several times and will probably do it again this year.

This is the best suggestion if you drove to Yosemite (and wasn't just dropped off there by someone). This way you can take YARTS in the late afternoon back up to the trailhead.

Leave No Trace
July 08, 2017 09:03PM
Found a ride on the Reddit Yosemite forum! We are going to shuttle/car swap with another group in the same boat we are.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login