Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Anyone know what this thing is on trail from Bishop over Paiute Pass?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Anyone know what this thing is on trail from Bishop over Paiute Pass?
September 18, 2017 09:05PM
Recently went up to Humphreys Basin, French Canyon, etc with mostly XC routes. On the way back down to Bishop, I noticed a strange figure on the southern ridge above the trail below between Loch Leven & Paiute Lake. At first I thought it was a hiker, but it is too big (and didn't move). What is this? Google has not been helpful, but probably because there are too many terms for a search: statue? figure? strange? person? monument? thing???....

I was zoomed in and the picture is fuzzy, but it sure looks like it's something trying to look like a person with a pack...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 09:17PM by ags.
avatar Re: Anyone know what this thing is on trail from Bishop over Paiute Pass?
September 18, 2017 09:36PM
Could it be a tree?
September 18, 2017 10:17PM
Maybe this environmental monitoring station at Bishop Pass?

NOAA Station BSHC1
Bigfoot. Duh.
September 19, 2017 01:45AM
September 19, 2017 10:43AM
I suppose it could be a tree. Not many up there (none right on the ridge that I saw). It would have to be a really strange tree/stump and/or lighting just the right way to make it look like that though.

Unless it's bizarre lighting/angle, I can't even see how it could be a pile of rocks (human placed or naturally occurring).

It's on a ridge west of North Lake (NW of Loch Leven) which is not really near Bishop Pass. Unless the Bishop Pass Monitoring Station is very poorly named, I don't think that's it.

I did consider that it might be some transmitter/relay/repeater with solar panels. Probably lots of wind up there, but maybe the snow doesn't stick?

No comment on Bigfoot...

It's pretty prominent (it was at the time of day we went by). I thought that regulars of this route would surely have seen it and someone would know what it is.
September 20, 2017 11:16AM
Quite obvious...it's the dude from Weinerschnitzel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login