Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Cathedral fork/echo creek to Merced lake HSC

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Cathedral fork/echo creek to Merced lake HSC
January 03, 2018 01:02PM
Hi. I'm going with a group this June, 3rd Yosemite hiking and backpacking trip I'll be doing in as many summers. Last year we had hoped to do the cathedral range and clouds rest but our timing prevented that as 120 didn't open til later than we we able to go. Our sights are now on going back to tackle some of that area, starting from Tuolumne meadows and exploring cathedral lakes and the surrounding areas including echo ridge and Mathes crest and then on to sunrise lakes area. From there we want to follow the cathedral fork to echo creek and approach Merced lake from there. Is this part of the trail mainly a canyon? Are there constant crossings of the creek? Is it heavily forested for much of it? The elevation gain and loss for this stretch? Any info would be great. We're all well versed hikers and many of our group has done other parts of the park and high sierras. I just haven't found a ton for this somewhat lesser hiked area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 01:16PM by jizdepski.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login