All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Congradulashuns Stick N Fedders fur Completing Yosemite Trail Quest
September 17, 2018 07:12AM
basilblop (aka Yea Ol Stick N Fedders) … "finished" Yosemite Trail Quest on Saturday.

Pretty cool. Very very kewl JKW and myself were with him to do the bits over Post and Isberg Pass.

Booyah!

Congradulashuns. It's been a joy!

Isburger Pass finish foto:

heading to Post... smiling smiley
(you don't have to mark the trail anymore where u left it... tongue sticking out smiley )

Fernandez pass from June smiling smiley

Woo hoo!!!!

Congrats again and it's been a lot of fun!

(yeah, we all have a bit of Mariposa Grove new trail to do... but... it's what we love)
(and … there's SEKI TQ in progress)

And … we don't have to stay on the trail anymore! smiling smiley

See ya soon!

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Congradulashuns Stick N Fedders fur Completing Yosemite Trail Quest
September 17, 2018 09:39AM
Very cool. Congratulations!

But there's so much more to do... SEKI, east side, Emigrant, Desolation... smiling smiley
avatar Re: Congradulashuns Stick N Fedders fur Completing Yosemite Trail Quest
September 17, 2018 10:53AM
ags
But there's so much more to do... SEKI, east side, Emigrant, Desolation... smiling smiley

we're working on it...

smiling smiley

September 17, 2018 08:43PM
Won from July 4th trippy:

September 17, 2018 08:52PM
Won from Feb:

yeah... I could prob do one from every other or more week.

Anyway... congratz
smiling smiley

September 20, 2018 10:32PM
chick-on
Won from July 4th trippy:

Great shot!
Congrats Basilbop!!! Way to go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2018 10:32PM by nwhkr.
September 17, 2018 08:55PM
Awesome Aaron!
Deer doodles for all!
September 19, 2018 09:49AM
Sorry about the delay in responding, but it's been super busy here, especially with trying to catch up from the August trip!

BUT we managed to get days so that Basilbop could finish his Yosemite Trail Quest and huge kudos to him and thanks to Chick-On for the inspiration and encouragement to do it! Bowing to his greatness

Finishing at Isberg Pass was wonderful, and though the wind was chilly, the conditions were great for hiking and we had a lovely time!

Basilbop works hard at his real job during the week and has been amazing about driving up late so that we could have weekends up there. His dedication and love for the wilderness is impressive.

Congratulations again!!!

drinking smiley
September 19, 2018 01:47PM
Major congrats are deserved!! Although I was under the impression that he had completed this awhile ago? Is this the second or third go around?

smileys with beer
September 19, 2018 02:02PM
No..

Chick-on and mrcondron saved a chunk of trail that I had not done, but sadly, Basilbop had already done years ago, so we couldn’t all four finish at the same time, no matter what. So we agreed the three of us would finish together, which we did in late 2016, iirc. I think on Basilbop’s birthday? Scheduling being what it was, that was the date we could get us all, including Chick-on’s wife together for the double celebration.

Basilbop had more miles left to do when we finished , and he could have finished a while ago, had the Empire and Ferguson fires and resulting smoke not kept him out of the needed corners! Not to mention the weather, general scheduling and SEKI Trail Quest, waiting for me to heal enough to join on the last miles! Lots to work around!
September 28, 2018 02:53PM
Congratulations to Basilbop and all involved! It is quite the achievement. Also thank you for all the trip reports. I have enjoyed hiking along vicariously.
September 29, 2018 09:07AM
So-o-o-o cool! Congrats
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login