Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Campsite advice between Porcupine Creek Trailhead, Northdome, and Lehamite creek?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

I have a couple of different option to backpack the North Rim this summer. I'd like to try the Porcupine Creek Trail head, down to Indian Arch and North Dome, and camp somewhere close to water around North Dome or towards Lehamite Creek.
Any suggestions?
Coolburn,

If you take the North Dome Trail past Indian Rock trail Junction and keep going, you cross a creek (last water source) then ascend onto Indian Ridge. keep looking to the right and you will see a camp site just before the trail turns left down to North Dome. There used to be a rock fire ring and the site is next to shrubs. You will have to carry water for the last mile or so but the location is awesome, you will be looking directly at the face of Half Dome from your tent. If I could work out how to attache photos I could show you:-)
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login