Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Hetch Hetchy to Tuolumne Meadows hiking video

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Hetch Hetchy to Tuolumne Meadows hiking video
July 08, 2020 12:58PM
Greetings all,

As forum members played a big part in helping me to prepare for doing the route from Hetch Hetchy to Tuolumne Meadows, I wanted to share my hiking video here with everyone. I did a lot of filming along the entire route in an effort to showcase it. I hope you enjoy it. We did the 47-mile route over the course of 5 days from June 27 to July 1, 2020. Very little bother from mosquitoes during the entire route.

video: https://youtu.be/-Wu1fSvhIr0
July 08, 2020 01:15PM
Well captured, Steve!! Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great trip and probably the timing was perfect. Where all did you guys catch the fish? There were some people fishing around California falls.

I was at GA and WW last weekend and mosquitos were, surprisingly, not bad.
July 09, 2020 06:57PM
I don't fish but my friends were fishing just about everywhere we found a creek. And they were always catching and eating fish. Some of the best fishing was probably near the bridge crossing the river in Pate Valley. They caught the biggest ones there.
July 09, 2020 06:29AM
Thanks for putting this together, Steve. I'd have gladly watched 4 times as much footage! Such a gorgeous and magical area!
July 09, 2020 06:58PM
You're welcome. I could have easily made the video an hour long but decided to keep it moving along. I shot a lot of footage since I had been waiting a decade to do the hike.
July 12, 2020 03:49PM
Enjoyed the video!
avatar Re: Hetch Hetchy to Tuolumne Meadows hiking video
July 15, 2020 09:42PM
Cool Beans

Beautiful

Glad you took the time to visit Loch Tablae
Of course the finest lake in all of the lands

smiling smiley

Tanks for Sharon

Chick-on is looking at you!
July 18, 2020 11:44AM
Stellar video of a great trip!

Did you happen to get any pictures of the Pate Valley bridge? Just wondering if the rebuilt version looks any different than the old one (besides being in one piece).

Thanks for taking the time to document and share it with us.
July 20, 2020 11:21PM
Here is the Pate Valley bridge. I also documented the entire trip with photos in case I want to do a written trip report later.

Pate Valley bridge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2020 11:22PM by SteveHall.
July 19, 2020 08:53PM
Really loved the video. Especially since I no longer can hike long distances and you took me to places that I will never see in person. Thanks.
July 26, 2020 08:28PM
Great video, especially with some of us not able to get out to Yosemite.
March 04, 2021 02:11PM
Hey y'all. We have booked another backpacking trip for this summer in late June. This time, we will be doing White Wolf to Tuolumne. I'm introducing my 8-year old to backpacking, so we will take 5 days to do the route and just take our time. I absolutely loved last year's route from Hetch Hetchy to Tuolumne and will miss the Rancheria Mountain climb and also the beautiful campground in Pleasant Valley we stayed at. But I'm sure this route will be great also. Here is a map showing the comparison between last year and this year's route. The red circles show where we camped last year and the blue circles approximate ideas of where to camp this year.

March 09, 2021 08:49PM
Such a wonderful trip and a well captured video. I was following the video along on the map until saw your map smiling smiley Always wanted to hike that area, so this is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login