Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

How's the Yosemite Lodge internet access?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar How's the Yosemite Lodge internet access?
July 16, 2009 03:53PM
I know - seems a little strange that I'd be worried about internet access for my trip next week. However - we've got some financial interests that we're looking to keep an eye on. Maybe even post a few photos and an in-progress trip report.

The price seems reasonable at $5.95 for up to 7 days and up to 7 logins with their wireless coverage. I've seen crazy prices like $4 for up to 2 hours at an airport, and recently we paid $10.95/day at a hotel. It may be around Yosemite Lodge, but that's not a problem. I can think of worse things than to be enjoying a beer at the Mountain Room while my wife and I are checking on our retirement accounts.

Does anyone know how this works? I'm unclear on what a "login" is. I'm not sure that if it becomes disconnected, we somehow use up one of the allotted logins. Of if I put it to sleep will it log us off immediately. How's the signal quality and speed?

I do remember getting free internet access at the Jackson Lake Lodge in Grand Teton back in 2006. It felt like there were 100 people connected to a single 1.5 Mbit/sec line. There were at least 15 people in the lobby, and probably several times that using from elsewhere in the Lodge.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/internet.htm
http://www.yosemitepark.com/internet-cell.aspx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 05:03PM by y_p_w.
avatar Re: How's the Yosemite Lodge internet access?
July 20, 2009 10:59AM
Well - asnswering my own question, it's not bad. I'm typing from Yosemite Lodge right now. Seems that they give a login from a list and you have 7 times to log in.
It logs out once you exit the browser where you logged in.
July 21, 2009 02:46PM
I'm patiently waiting for 2009 Clouds Rest photo...

smiling smiley
July 22, 2009 07:56PM
bill-e-g

smiling smiley

All I got is what I took from Olmstead Point. I would upload it now, but the last time it took forever. I'll wait till I get home and the speeds are faster.
July 27, 2009 04:19PM
y_p_w
bill-e-g

smiling smiley

All I got is what I took from Olmstead Point. I would upload it now, but the last time it took forever. I'll wait till I get home and the speeds are faster.

I know. It's just looking atm (rather than from) Clouds Rest. However - there was no way my wife was letting me hike to Clouds Rest by myself, and she wasn't about to go with me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login