Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Bears bears bears!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 22, 2009 01:49PM
http://yosemiteforrest.blogspot.com/

the ONLY place to camp was Crane Flat... i checked everywhere and found nothing, even in Tuolumne Meadows area... I take that back, White Wolf had maybe 3, but i wasn't impressed with the area at the time, so i drove to the valley... i put a LOT of miles on my car in two days... i drove every where. lol (even went to Lee Vining)

i did get really irritated at one point.. Tuolumne Meadows posted and verbally told me that Bridaveil Creek (up towards Glacier Point) had plenty of empty camping sites, so i drove to the valley floor and checked at the camping station, and they said Bridaveil Creek had spaces available too, so i immediately drove up there to find it FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this also included a half hour wait on Glacier Rd for construction, so you can imagine me not being too happy about that... so i ended up at Crane Flat campgrounds, they had a number of empties...

it was soooo hot there, that i didn't even make a campfire for the night (something i love to do), a fire would have done me in.... i decided to sleep in the open on the ground, and never needed a sleeping bag unitl 1am... it was warm all night long.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2009 01:59PM by forrestranger.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login