Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Campground Bathroom Conditions?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Campground Bathroom Conditions?
August 19, 2009 03:17PM
Hi,
I have reservations at Hodgdon during Labor Day but am considering trying my chances at a walk-in campground such as White Wolf. Do you think I have a reasonable chance of getting a spot if I arrive Thursday by noon? I am reluctant on keeping my reservations because of the increasingly HORRID bathroom conditions I have experienced @ Hodgdon over the past 3 years. People have been choosing to throw their used toilet paper on the bathroom floor rather than flushing it, leading to stench-filled stalls with brown TP! Not to mention a man peeing in the communal dish sink..... I have never experienced this at any of the other campgrounds but it has been more than 3 years since staying anywhere else. Is this a growing trend or have I just been unlucky in experiencing this 3 years in a row? I would much rather stay at White Wolf if there is availability.
Re: Campground Bathroom Conditions?
August 20, 2009 06:04PM
Several years ago the females in my group told us that someone had spread feces on the toilet. Dont know why but some people are disgusting.
Re: Campground Bathroom Conditions?
August 21, 2009 08:29AM
I heard from people that in some cultures it is customary to discard their toilet paper in trash cans to avoid clogging. But to leave it all on the floor is absolutely unsanitary. SInce I've already experienced this several times there, I'd rather live w/ the pit toilet @ Yosemite Creek if White Wolf is full.
avatar Re: Campground Bathroom Conditions?
August 22, 2009 02:09PM
clean bathrooms are not one of Yosemites finest brag abouts.... the cleanest one's are usually near the restaurants in the valley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login