Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Lake Tahoe: Judge grants injunction on new piers, buoys

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Lake Tahoe: Judge grants injunction on new piers, buoys
September 18, 2009 04:35PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A federal judge has granted a preliminary injunction, temporarily halting construction of new piers, buoys and boat ramps at Lake Tahoe.

http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20090918/NEWS/909189987/-1/RSS01
avatar Re: Lake Tahoe: Judge grants injunction on new piers, buoys
September 18, 2009 04:48PM
As if Tahoe needs any more of that. It's too bad the entire lake wasn't made NP around Yosemite Time. Tahoe is a complete joke and not worth visiting AT ALL and I live just a few minutes from there. Been living in the Truckee Meadows for almost 4 years and I avoid Tahoe completely. It's not a nice place, except for DL Bliss. Don't bother with Emerald Bay.
September 18, 2009 05:11PM
There were attempts to designate the area a National Park sometime in the 1910s. That was long before there was any extensive development. It would have been relatively easy to buy out the privately owned areas or just leave them in as the occasional inholding here and there.

There are some spectacular areas in the basin. Horsetail Falls is about as fine a cascading waterfall that I've visited. A place like Mt Rose could have easily been in such a NP designation.
September 18, 2009 05:19PM
Mount Rose is in wilderness but it has a companion road to the antennas.

There might be hope for the Tahoe basin some day but I don't see any chance of the lake being anything other than private alpine lake rape, except for the fringes and when property owners give up due to age and lack of interest. Incline Lake was recently ceded to the public, which is OK with me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login