Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Campsites near Mt Dana

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Campsites near Mt Dana
September 27, 2009 08:33PM
I'll be in Lone Pine this week attempting to climb Mt Russell with a friend of mine, but will be hooking up with a few friends next Saturday to hike Mt Dana. We're planning on the class 2 trail that starts across the street from the East entrance. We just want to find a campsite nearby where we can spend the night, and hike Dana probably on Sunday. Is it still difficult to get campsites in the park at Tuolomne Meadows, and if so are there campgrounds outside the east entrance? I seem to remember seeing some on my way through the park to Lone Pine in the past.

Thanks
avatar Re: Campsites near Mt Dana
September 27, 2009 08:42PM
Down along Lee Vining Creek there are several campgrounds. I've always found a space there when I needed one.
Re: Campsites near Mt Dana
September 27, 2009 10:30PM
I believe the TM campground will be closed for the season as of tomorrow. I guess you mean that you are starting by Tioga Pass Entrance? Just down the hill is the Tioga Lake camground, I passed by last week and it was not full. Junction campground is another option. Both campgrounds are about 5 mins from the entrance to the park.

Here is a list of other area campgrounds. It hasn't been updated in a couple weeks but you could call one of the numbers to see which campgrounds are still open.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/rec-reports/mono.shtml
avatar Re: Campsites near Mt Dana
September 28, 2009 03:39AM
Javmp
Just down the hill is the Tioga Lake camground,
'

It's usually full and always quite stark.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login