Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite National Park Receive (sic) Millions To Improve Transportation System

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite National Park Receive (sic) Millions To Improve Transportation System
April 06, 2010 04:53PM
Big Bucks.

"The money will be sued to help..." Sigh!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 04:59PM by wagga.
avatar Re: Yosemite National Park Receive (sic) Millions To Improve Transportation System
April 06, 2010 05:55PM
I heard, somewhere, that the bus system in Yosemite is the third largest system in the country by ridership.

The Fresno Bee does need to learn gooder speling.
avatar Re: Yosemite National Park Receive (sic) Millions To Improve Transportation System
April 06, 2010 06:26PM
Dave

... or, at least, hire editors that are not dyslexic.
April 06, 2010 06:27PM
szalkowski
Dave

... or, at least, hire editors that are not dyslexic.

Have you reported them to D.A.M.?
Re: Yosemite National Park Receive (sic) Millions To Improve Transportation System
April 06, 2010 06:40PM
I'm fairly sure my mother was dylsexic, & that I inherited it. In this day of spell checkers, etc, there is no excuse for bad spelling, but you really should know your homographs.
April 06, 2010 10:21PM
wagga
I'm fairly sure my mother was dylsexic, & that I inherited it. In this day of spell checkers, etc, there is no excuse for bad spelling, but you really should know your homographs.
I think that's the problem; they use a spell checker but don't check to see what it corrected their misspelling to. I have dyslexia and rely upon spell checkers, but I always make sure the corrected word is the one I wanted.

Dyslexics of the world untie!
April 07, 2010 12:48PM
Dave
wagga
I think that's the problem; they use a spell checker but don't check to see what it corrected their misspelling to. I have dyslexia and rely upon spell checkers, but I always make sure the corrected word is the one I wanted.

Dyslexics of the world untie!

Many years ago I had an inland marina customer who discovered after several months that his new on-site bookkeeper was dyslexic. She had transposed numbers all over the place. Out of necessity,that year's financial reports were a work of pure fiction!
The owner was the same guy depicted in the movie "On Golden Pond" who delivered mail to all the lake houses as a side business. The movie used a large lake in New Hampshire but the real mail guy lived on a lake in Maine. I can not repeat what he said when he discovered how messed up his books were.
avatar Yosemite National Park Receives $1.3 Million to Improve Transportation System
April 07, 2010 11:35AM
Yosemite National Park Receives $1.3 Million to Improve Transportation System
Date: April 6, 2010

Yosemite National Park received $1.3 million from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) to improve the transportation system within the park. This funding is a portion of the $24.8 million announced by the FTA for improvement of the public transportation in America’s national parks, national forests, and wildlife refuges.

Yosemite will receive the funding from the Paul S. Sarbanes Transit in Parks Program in order to implement and improve the public transportation system. Congress established the Paul S. Sarbanes Transit in Parks Program to enhance the protection of national parks and federal lands and increase the enjoyment of visitors to those sites.

In partnership with the Department of the Interior, this program will also help fund planning expenses for alternative transportation systems, such as improved shuttle bus routes and the establishment of bicycle trails within national parks. The goals of the program are to reduce congestion during the busy summer months in national parks, as well as to conserve the natural, historical, and cultural resources.

“The funding from the Federal Transit Administration is very exciting news for Yosemite National Park. Yosemite is committed to ensuring long-term stewardship through environmental leadership. This program will continue Yosemite’s efforts to reduce congestion in the park and better protect the park’s natural resources,” said Superintendent Don Neubacher.

This $1.3 million funding will help Yosemite to post real-time updates on the park’s webpage to allow visitors to see actual traffic counts at all entrances into the park. In addition, it will also allow visitors to view a model of traffic congestion throughout multiple locations within the park.

An additional $1.6 million in funding was given to the Yosemite Area Regional Transit System (YARTS) to purchase three clean diesel buses. YARTS has been operating in the Yosemite area since 2000 and has since provided alternative travel into Yosemite for 515,000 riders.

Please visit http://www.fta.dot.gov/news/news_events_11439.html for more information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login