Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Tuolumne Meadows Gas Station

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tuolumne Meadows Gas Station
June 14, 2010 01:34PM
The Tuolumne Meadows gas station is open. Last Friday its prices were better than those at the Lee Vining Mobile station.
Re: Tuolumne Meadows Gas Station
June 14, 2010 03:54PM
How 'bout TM Grill and Store?
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows Gas Station
June 14, 2010 03:55PM
cjoz
How 'bout TM Grill and Store?

They had the roof on just last Friday. Nothing inside at the time.
June 14, 2010 05:18PM
eeek
The Tuolumne Meadows gas station is open. Last Friday its prices were better than those at the Lee Vining Mobile station.

Last year's gas?
June 14, 2010 05:32PM
tomdisco
eeek

Last year's gas?

I have no idea.
June 14, 2010 07:04PM
eeek
tomdisco
eeek

Last year's gas?

I have no idea.

There's inevitably some leftover gas in there. What I'd be worried most about is water contamination, although oxygenated fuels (to help disperse the water) and corrosion inhibitors help. A lot of modern fuels also contain fuel stabilizers. Apparently the most important thing for fuel stability (thanks Wikipedia) is to store fuel without oxygen, since the gums and varnish that form in fuel are generally just oxidation. They could do something like pump nitrogen in there to purge most of the oxygen before closing up for the season.
June 15, 2010 08:47AM
I wonder if they pump it out and take it to crane flat?
June 18, 2010 05:20PM
To answer my own question, it looks like June 25th at earliest.

Rafting and Tuolumne Meadows update, 6/16/10

The Rafting Rental Stand at Curry Village in Yosemite Valley is trying to open this Friday, 6/17, if conditions cooperate. They need the water to go down just a little bit and slightly warmer temperatures for their magic formula to open. If they cant open Friday it will be any day.

Work is progressing in Tuolumne Meadows with tents and services being set up but there will be no services, no water and no sewer until at the earliest 6/25. Look for the TM Store and Grill trying to open by 6/25 with the other services opening soon after that. The road is open.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:d17cp-Wi5Z4J:www.myyosemite.com/content/rafting-and-tuolumne-meadows-update-61610+tuolumne+meadow+grill+june+2010&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
June 19, 2010 09:46AM
When do you think the Tuolumne meadows campground will open?
June 19, 2010 12:45PM
thecondor
When do you think the Tuolumne meadows campground will open?

It depends on how fast the snow melts and the ground dries out. There was still a lot of snow under the trees in the campground last week.
June 21, 2010 08:31AM
Park and Partner News
The Tuolumne Meadows Store opens for the season on Friday, June 25, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.

Daily operating hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Effective Wednesday, June 30 the daily operating hours will change to 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. While traveling to Tuolumne Meadows, please obey all posted speed limits and be concious of bears and other wildlife crossing the highway. (V. McMichael - 6/21/10)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login