Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

video clip of 4 guys to GA and back a few days ago

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

video clip of 4 guys to GA and back a few days ago
June 27, 2010 06:13AM
Just came across this video on YT of four guys out to / and back from Glen Aulin; looks like the dates were just a couple of days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUs2DUdLFoA

What (which) is the deep stream they had to get across? ... Delaney? .... (later on the return shows the depth of the water more visibly).

Are those really bear claw marks in a tree trunk?

they had too much fun with their night-vision on the camcorder ... looks lke a good time ...

GA appears deserted ... no HSC's yet ... my guess ...
avatar Re: video clip of 4 guys to GA and back a few days ago
June 27, 2010 07:44AM
Yes, the deeper stream is Delaney. The second one is Dingley. One thing I got from that video is that it's worth climbing that granite slab that overlooks TM; nice views from there.
Re: video clip of 4 guys to GA and back a few days ago
June 27, 2010 09:00AM
Great vid, thanks for sharing. We did a horse ride up there a few years back, that granite slab looks like one of the areas we rode on, not sure, as there are several slabs on that trail to cross.
avatar Re: video clip of 4 guys to GA and back a few days ago
June 27, 2010 12:51PM
Delaney was ~2.5 ft. high at the trail crossing yesterday afternoon around 2 PM.

The person with whom I was hiking wouldn't cross there or on the upstream log that you also see the guys going across because she has some hip and foot problems. We crossed on the wide slab area upstream of the trail intersection. However, we saw a couple people without packs cross at the trail intersection with no great difficulty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login