Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Tamarack Flat open yet?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tamarack Flat open yet?
June 29, 2010 11:31PM
I would like to go up a few days after the 4th weekend to Tioga Pass Road (not necessarily the crest) and prefer the FCFS camps. I stayed in the noisy Tuolumne Meadows camp 4 years ago in a site that had barely enough room for the table before the next sites driveway so I would like to avoid there. Does anyone know if the less traveled camps on the lower road are open: Tamarack Flat, Yosemite Creek, White Wolf and Porcupine Flat/Creek?

Edit: oh and i probably should mention I sleep in a small tent and drive a 2wd economy car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 11:51PM by mburress.
avatar Re: Tamarack Flat open yet?
June 30, 2010 01:45AM
mburress
I stayed in the noisy Tuolumne Meadows camp 4 years ago in a site that had barely enough room for the table before the next sites driveway so I would like to avoid there.

The sites do vary quite a bit in size. See http://yosemitecampsites.com/

Does anyone know if the less traveled camps on the lower road are open: Tamarack Flat, Yosemite Creek, White Wolf and Porcupine Flat/Creek?

None of those are open yet. Keep watching here for announcements.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login