Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Hiking Clouds Rest Arriving Late without Reservations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Hiking Clouds Rest Arriving Late without Reservations
August 01, 2010 05:02PM
I'm hiking Tenaya Lake to Clouds Rest in less than two weeks. I don't have camping reservations. What are the odds of arriving late on a Wednesday night and finding an open campsite at White Wolf? Are there higher odds of success at other campgrounds along Tioga?
avatar Re: Hiking Clouds Rest Arriving Late without Reservations
August 01, 2010 05:53PM
You might find something at White Wolf. But if you don't, try Yosemite Creek and Porcupine Flat.
Re: Hiking Clouds Rest Arriving Late without Reservations
August 01, 2010 05:57PM
I would estimate your chances of getting a spot at White Wolf to be slim. It's a small campground. I spent last week in Yosemite and all the campgrounds in the high country had 'Full" signs outside. Your best chance would be one of the campgrounds directly outside the park coming up Tioga pass. They are closer mileage-wise to the Clouds Rest trailhead than White Wolf and they weren't full.
avatar Re: Hiking Clouds Rest Arriving Late without Reservations
August 01, 2010 06:18PM
Plus arriving after dark and trying to find a space can be an exercise in futility especially if there is no moon.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login