Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Camp 4

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 03, 2010 08:25PM
Hey I'm gonna try to get to Camp 4 in the morning of Wednesda, August 17th driving from Bridgeport. How early do you guys think I should get there/what are my chances of actually getting a spot? Also, if that fills up too quickly what other campgrounds should I check in the valley? Thanks!
August 03, 2010 10:06PM
No other campgrounds in the Valley are FCFS, except maybe the Backpackers Campground behind North Pines. If you're arriving by foot, bicycle, or bus, you're allowed to stay there. They don't publicize it much, but it's in the regulations. I don't exactly know what the procedure is either; they don't mention the procedure for anything other than wilderness permit holders. I guess one simply fills out the tag with the number of days, and then if a ranger shows up and asks one would explain the situation.

I've been told that one can check at the campground office near Curry Village in case there are any late cancellations for the main Valley campgrounds.

I thought Wednesday shouldn't be too bad for Camp 4. I thought that Friday or Saturday will mean a lot of competition.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login